Can my beardie catch my cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorTor

Hey all, after the passing away of my other baby my family got me a baby beardie for my birthday. He is perfectly healthy very active and still a little stressed from the move but adjusting pretty well I’d say. I caught the common cold recently and didn’t realize I had it for a bit and to feed my bearded dragon I place him in a bin with crickets and let him eat as much as he wants. Apart from that I haven’t handled him yet because I don’t want to stress him out and he doesn’t seem ready for it yet (okay with me picking him up to place him in feeding) and i tbink the cold slowly developed over the past couple days and I’ve been handling him for feeding. Is there a risk he can get sick? Didn’t realize I had the cold until later yesterday.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think a human cold would be able to pass to a dragon, so I wouldn't be concerned with it.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
The corona viruses that call colds in humans will not effect a reptile.

That said , with so much Delta in your country , it would be wise to get tested for covid , as it's very likely you may be infected with Delta or one of the other variants in your country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom