• January Photo Competition - Most Goofball Beardie!
    Voting Now Open!

Submissions have been received and voting is now open! Vote for your favorite goofball beardie by "Liking" them. You may vote for more than one. Voting closes on January 30th.
    Tip: On mobile, turn phone horizontal to be able to tap the "<<" for media info and "Like" option.

Can my beardie catch my cold?

TorTor

Hey all, after the passing away of my other baby my family got me a baby beardie for my birthday. He is perfectly healthy very active and still a little stressed from the move but adjusting pretty well I’d say. I caught the common cold recently and didn’t realize I had it for a bit and to feed my bearded dragon I place him in a bin with crickets and let him eat as much as he wants. Apart from that I haven’t handled him yet because I don’t want to stress him out and he doesn’t seem ready for it yet (okay with me picking him up to place him in feeding) and i tbink the cold slowly developed over the past couple days and I’ve been handling him for feeding. Is there a risk he can get sick? Didn’t realize I had the cold until later yesterday.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
The corona viruses that call colds in humans will not effect a reptile.

That said , with so much Delta in your country , it would be wise to get tested for covid , as it's very likely you may be infected with Delta or one of the other variants in your country.

Top Bottom