Can my beardie by in the same room as a soy wax candle?

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Not an expert by any means, but I don't think the soy itself would be a problem if that is what you are worried about. Their respiratory systems are very sensitive, so I would be worried about any kind of fragrance the candle has or just the smoke in general personally.

hdochow

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
personally i don't risk it. i think the issue is more what else is in the candle than the candle itself, like essential oils. i know that tea tree is highly toxic. i also have a parakeet, which means no teflon pans because of the fumes. (which is good cause i love me some cast iron cooking!) the way i look at it, if your lungs are roughly the size of a peanut anything like that is going to be much more of an impact. so i follow that same rule for my dragon since they are both in the same room. there are plenty of other rooms in my house on a different floor where candles or incense can be used safely with the doors to their room closed.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

C34BF977-474F-4233-BF7E-8C797567E429.jpeg
Buffy snuggling with my partner!!!
So freaking handsome I just love youuuuu so much 💕
There is something wrong with my beardies left eye!! I included a picture where it shows what her right eye looks like then the others are what her left eye is. She always has it closed (as much as she can) and she finally opened it for a bit when i misted her. I don’t know what i could be doing wrong and it’s not from sand because she doesn’t have it in her cage.
This is a message for all Bearded Dragon owners: do NOT feed your Dragon pellets! Feeding your Dragon pellets can cause SICKNESS and GREAT HARM! So please, do NOT feed your Dragon pellets!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drake51522
Top Bottom