Can my beardie by in the same room as a soy wax candle?

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Not an expert by any means, but I don't think the soy itself would be a problem if that is what you are worried about. Their respiratory systems are very sensitive, so I would be worried about any kind of fragrance the candle has or just the smoke in general personally.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
personally i don't risk it. i think the issue is more what else is in the candle than the candle itself, like essential oils. i know that tea tree is highly toxic. i also have a parakeet, which means no teflon pans because of the fumes. (which is good cause i love me some cast iron cooking!) the way i look at it, if your lungs are roughly the size of a peanut anything like that is going to be much more of an impact. so i follow that same rule for my dragon since they are both in the same room. there are plenty of other rooms in my house on a different floor where candles or incense can be used safely with the doors to their room closed.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom