Can i use this vitamin supplement

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
I have the Zilla vitamin supplement and was wondering if I should use it on my dragons salads. His bugs are supplemented with calcium but nothing on the salad. I have attached pictures but I know they are a little blurry so I can tell u guys what it says if you need.

Attachments

• IMG_20230123_130318.jpg
    IMG_20230123_130318.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20230123_130405_1.jpg
    IMG_20230123_130405_1.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20230123_130414.jpg
    IMG_20230123_130414.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20230123_130436.jpg
    IMG_20230123_130436.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20230123_130445.jpg
    IMG_20230123_130445.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 59

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have the Zilla vitamin supplement and was wondering if I should use it on my dragons salads. His bugs are supplemented with calcium but nothing on the salad. I have attached pictures but I know they are a little blurry so I can tell u guys what it says if you need.
Is he eating his salads good? If he is I wouldnt worry about the vitamins -- how old is the dragon? If hes still a baby I would spray the insects - hes more inclined to eat the protein than the salads -

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
Is he eating his salads good? If he is I wouldnt worry about the vitamins -- how old is the dragon? If hes still a baby I would spray the insects - hes more inclined to eat the protein than the salads -
no he isnt but you suggested i get some bsfl to entice him that should come in today. hes roughly 7 or 8 weeks and 5 inches long. he eats his crickets well but hes not a fan of the dubias.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
no he isnt but you suggested i get some bsfl to entice him that should come in today. hes roughly 7 or 8 weeks and 5 inches long. he eats his crickets well but hes not a fan of the dubias.
Then your going to want to spray the crickets - its too bad hes not a fan of the dubias they are a better feeder -

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
Then your going to want to spray the crickets - its too bad hes not a fan of the dubias they are a better feeder -
ok should i alternate days that i use the spray vs the calcium powder or different feedings? he gets fed 4 times a day. i think he dislikes his dubias because they dont move as much as the crickets but im hoping he will grow to like them.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok should i alternate days that i use the spray vs the calcium powder or different feedings? he gets fed 4 times a day. i think he dislikes his dubias because they dont move as much as the crickets but im hoping he will grow to like them.
He needs calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding -- vitamins 2 x per week ONCE per feeding -

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
He needs calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding -- vitamins 2 x per week ONCE per feeding -
ok so would doing the calcium monday through friday each feeding and the spray saturdays and sundays be good or should i only do it on one of his feedings per day?

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
Dust the insects ONE time per feeding - if your feeding 4 times a day only ONCE - - as well - w./ vitamins one time per feeding
im sorry im confused you said one time per feeding but then you said only once if i feed 4 times a day? are you saying to dust every feeding but only once as in dont dust them then redust them or are you saying out of those 4 feeding i should only dust for 1 of them?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Smell and taste the vitamins, most of the liquid vitamins smell and taste horrible 😫 I've had trouble getting any of my dragons to eat it. You may have better luck with powdered multivitamins. Liquid calcium has been hit or miss on taste. Some is nearly tasteless, that my dragons will take, some of it taste as bad as the vitamins, my dragons refuse that.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
im sorry im confused you said one time per feeding but then you said only once if i feed 4 times a day? are you saying to dust every feeding but only once as in dont dust them then redust them or are you saying out of those 4 feeding i should only dust for 1 of them?
Only dust the insects one time per day- do not over dust them - if you dust them more than once per day your over dusting them

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Use the calcium powder 1 time per day. Use the multivitamins 1 time per day a couple times per week.

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
Smell and taste the vitamins, most of the liquid vitamins smell and taste horrible 😫 I've had trouble getting any of my dragons to eat it. You may have better luck with powdered multivitamins. Liquid calcium has been hit or miss on taste. Some is nearly tasteless, that my dragons will take, some of it taste as bad as the vitamins, my dragons refuse that.
omg yeah these smell pretty bad. they dont taste to bad so ill see if he will eat it this weekend but i may just buy some powder.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom