Can i use a chlorhexidine 2% solution diluted with water to disinfect a styrofoam back wall?

Zaargo

Beardie name(s)
Patches
Hi, it's me again 😅
I wanted to deep clean and disinfect my buddies enclosure, since the vet found a few worm eggs in his poop.

The question is, can I use chlorhexidine to clean his backwall and his logs? Since it's made out of styrofoam, I figured that I can't use a normal disinfectant because I can't properly wash it off, and I read that it's not harmful even if something of the chlorhexidine stays on. For the rest I'd use a vinegar and water mixture + dish soap.

Thanks for the help!

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
I think this would be totally fine, considering you can use a diluted chlorhexidine in their mouths for brushing teeth.

I personally use F10 solution, it is a veterinary grade cleaning disinfectant that is also super safe and also ok if there is any residual residue.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom