Can i use a chlorhexidine 2% solution diluted with water to disinfect a styrofoam back wall?

Zaargo

Beardie name(s)
Patches
Hi, it's me again 😅
I wanted to deep clean and disinfect my buddies enclosure, since the vet found a few worm eggs in his poop.

The question is, can I use chlorhexidine to clean his backwall and his logs? Since it's made out of styrofoam, I figured that I can't use a normal disinfectant because I can't properly wash it off, and I read that it's not harmful even if something of the chlorhexidine stays on. For the rest I'd use a vinegar and water mixture + dish soap.

Thanks for the help!

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
I think this would be totally fine, considering you can use a diluted chlorhexidine in their mouths for brushing teeth.

I personally use F10 solution, it is a veterinary grade cleaning disinfectant that is also super safe and also ok if there is any residual residue.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom