Can I breed these two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a female who is HUGE very healthy and about 18 months old or so and I have a male that is about 12 months old. Can these two be bred?

atreyu917

Juvie Member
I think most start breeding their females after they turn 2. And waiting so as not to risk your females health is probably the best idea.

auntylolo

Extreme Poster
There is a minimum recommended age with males also I think, something to do with causing damage if he's not fully developed. I'm not sure tho, someone else will hopefully be able to give more info.

john_ny217

Juvie Member
The age in the male doesnt really matter. It is basically up to him when he actually mates with a female. You can put him in the cage with her to see if anything happens but if your female is bigger and over powers him then chances are he will not be ready. However I have heard of males breeding as young as 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom