can dubias eat this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasond02

Was wondering if I could go out in the yard and get them some clover to put in their bins? It will be pesticide free or free from any other chemicals.

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
Can they? Yes [as long as you're sure it's pesticide / fertilizer free].

Will they? Depends.

My colony rarely eats any greens I put in there.

Example: whenever I do strawberries, I always take the cut off tops and dump them into the colony.
A day later, they've picked every ounce of actual strawberry clean and leave behind the leaves. They don't seem even slightly interested in the leaves.

They like a lot of things, but green leafy stuff doesn't seem to be one of them (at least for my colony, I've heard of other colonies that seem to love greens).

jarich

Juvie Member
Well there is a very good reason for them not eating your strawberry leaves. They release hydrogen cyanide when they decay or are picked! Id recommend not putting those in any more ;)

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
jarich":uacv5f1z said:
Well there is a very good reason for them not eating your strawberry leaves. They release hydrogen cyanide when they decay or are picked! Id recommend not putting those in any more ;)

Wow, didn't know that!

Well, I guess I'll be picking the leaves off from now on before I dump
the cut fruit into the bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom