Can beardies play with birds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

h4rdcore

Me and my wife have 2 cockatiels, a beardy, a ton of fish, and 2 dogs (a boxer and a Chihuahua). The boxer wants to play with / eat (im not sure which) the beardy and the birds so the birds and lizard get their own room upstairs, now my question is whether it is wise to even see if they will tolerate each other if I let them out at the same time. I mean are there any diseases that they can catch from one another? Has anyone tried this?

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
birds are one of their natural predators in the wild. I personally wouldn't have them in the same room at all. It might cause a lot of stress.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
still not a good idea, and size doesn't really matter that much. Smaller animals can dominate larger ones and large animals can be scared of things much smaller than them. Happens all the time. Fear is not always rational, even with animals.

h4rdcore

Original Poster
huh, didnt really think it was a good idea, so have never tried it. But have never even though about him seeing them though. Right now they are in seperate rooms, but once we move we were planning on putting them in the same room. Might have to put a piece of cardboard on that side of the tank to keep them out of sight.

Livey

Extreme Poster
I wouldn't even think about it, and i completely agree with Ziggy23..
Have you ever taken him outside?
If you have, you will no how black a beardie will go when they see a bird...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom