Can beardies get mites from snakes?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
I'm really hoping they can't but I think my snake may have mites can they spread to my bearded dragons????? They are in the same room and are stacked on each other

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes they definitely can. Make sure to check your dragons now from time to time. Are the mites red or a different color ?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes they definitely can. Make sure to check your dragons now from time to time. Are the mites red or a different color ?
Honestly I haven't seen anything on my snake but he soaks from time to time and I'm wondering if he has them or not

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can look for them around the head, eyes, mouth, etc. but could be other areas as well. Soaking wouldn't mean that your snake has mites though.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You can look for them around the head, eyes, mouth, etc. but could be other areas as well. Soaking wouldn't mean that your snake has mites though.
I looked at him and he seems perfect but I have too many animals and I can't risk a infestation. He soaked a bit the last 2 days but I changed his bedding vacuumed and did a look over and don't see anything. Was hoping it's perhaps a humidity thing so I went back up and changed to a wetter bedding

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes they can. DO NOT ALLOW A VET TO INJECT YOUR BEARDIE WITH IVERMECTIN!! It is lethal!
I went to the vet and my snake had the all clear no mites detected so both my beardies and my ball python are good.

Thank you for the information too I'll make sure that doesn't happen

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom