Can anything be done?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Is there anything that can be done to stop the *****s from posting all that spam nonsense? I mean really what is the point anyway.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
There are multiple measures in place to prevent spam accounts. And they are all very successful. The amount of accounts each day that get banned automatically before even getting a chance to fully register/post is significant.

However, sometimes one will come along that gets lucky and can bypass the system either based on what it's posting or where it's posting it from, and it can wreak a bit of havoc for a short time until it's caught by a moderator or some other spam filter.

Needless to say, we didn't really have spam filters in place targeting contacting dead husbands... :ROFLMAO:

-Brandon

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
Needless to say, we didn't really have spam filters in place targeting contacting dead husbands... :ROFLMAO:
i almost reported the user themselves but wasn't sure if that was the correct course of action. would doing that actually help the mods or is it better to just leave things alone? 15+ posts was crazy annoying! although some were amusing.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
There are multiple measures in place to prevent spam accounts. And they are all very successful. The amount of accounts each day that get banned automatically before even getting a chance to fully register/post is significant.

However, sometimes one will come along that gets lucky and can bypass the system either based on what it's posting or where it's posting it from, and it can wreak a bit of havoc for a short time until it's caught by a moderator or some other spam filter.

-Brandon
Lmao true 👍

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
i almost reported the user themselves but wasn't sure if that was the correct course of action. would doing that actually help the mods or is it better to just leave things alone? 15+ posts was crazy annoying! although some were amusing.
They were crazy, :ROFLMAO:I reported all of them I think.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No matter what you make the report for, the outcome is the same really. It will get reviewed and when it's obviously a spam account/post, we can just delete it. Luckily with the new software if we mark an account as spam, it will remove all of the account's posts. On the old website, each post had to be gone through one at a time ☠️

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom