Came home to this

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,

That doesn't sound good. You aren't seeing any breathing or movement on her sides?

Tracie
No, and before that she had those crazy sporadic movements do you know what they were? She would get up from laying flat and open and close her mouth wide I thought she was going to throw up + stretching arms + legs

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I think its too late.. her limbs are very stiff this morning usually they move even if she’s helpless and now she’s like a doll..I don’t see any breathing
She has passed -- I am so sorry -- my heart is breaking for you and for her - I wish I could tell you what the cause was -- just know you did everything for her and she knew she was loved :cry:❤️

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She has passed -- I am so sorry -- my heart is breaking for you and for her - I wish I could tell you what the cause was -- just know you did everything for her and she knew she was loved :cry:❤️
I really appreciate that msg bc I can’t help but blame myself - I know she knew she was loved..I really did everything I could..I couldn’t even afford a vet and I still took her to one I really can’t believe this and still have no idea why any of this happened..she wasn’t just a part of my day she was my all day everyday 💔
What do you guys do in this situation? Burial? Cremation? Idk if I’m comfortable cremating her my heart couldn’t handle it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I really appreciate that msg bc I can’t help but blame myself - I know she knew she was loved..I really did everything I could..I couldn’t even afford a vet and I still took her to one I really can’t believe this and still have no idea why any of this happened..she wasn’t just a part of my day she was my all day everyday 💔
What do you guys do in this situation? Burial? Cremation? Idk if I’m comfortable cremating her my heart couldn’t handle it
It is up to you some people do little shrines for them look at the Beardie Memorials | Bearded Dragon .org
We have buried two dragons in our back yard a long the fence line that borders a field - a long w/ several cats and two hamsters --

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry, this whole event has been so traumatic for you and my heart just breaks knowing how much you tried. You did everything that you possibly could to help her. The initial illness was something that I never thought she'd make it through and then when she survived that first night there seemed to be a slight bit of hope. Whatever she had was so serious that she couldn't get over it. I'm so sorry. :cry:

If you have your own yard you can bury her .

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'm so sad to hear this, i thought she was going to pull through 😔. I have had two beardies pass, one was less than a year ago, my heart goes out to you. You did everything that could be done, please don't blame yourself. I bury my pets i can't live with the though of cremation, just do what you think is right.

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It is up to you some people do little shrines for them look at the Beardie Memorials | Bearded Dragon .org
We have buried two dragons in our back yard a long the fence line that borders a field - a long w/ several cats and two hamsters --
I would have loved to do that and it feels so hard to accept/let go she’s covered in her tank and I keep checking I’m in denial

I would have loved to do that but I live in new york city and have no back yard and burying pets apparently is illegal

My vet is giving me 2 cremation options 1 without giving me her ashes $160 and $300 to give me her ashes in a week. I can’t believe how expensive it is I wish I could keep her ashes. The thought of having her cremated breaks my heart like they’re literally going to burn my little ivy to her ashes
I feel like I killed her I wish the vet visit actually helped💔

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I know she was literally great yesterday no blackness and took in her slurry i really dont know what i did wrong

Do u guys think im able to hold/hug her before cremation or bc she’s dead now it could make me sick etc

Im in so much denial i keep lifting the blanket to see her face if she’d wake up

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm so sad to hear this, i thought she was going to pull through 😔. I have had two beardies pass, one was less than a year ago, my heart goes out to you. You did everything that could be done, please don't blame yourself. I bury my pets i can't live with the though of cremation, just do what you think is right.
I really appreciate your message thank you
I really couldn’t have gone through it without all of you on this post
I cant live with the thought of cremation either idk what to do bc there is no other option

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Is there any place you can drive to outside the city? We bury ours in places we find peaceful outside city limits

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
We were also allowed to bury animals in some instances.

I don't know much about cremation.
I know she was literally great yesterday no blackness and took in her slurry i really dont know what i did wrong

Do u guys think im able to hold/hug her before cremation or bc she’s dead now it could make me sick etc

Im in so much denial i keep lifting the blanket to see her face if she’d wake up
You didn't do anything wrong your just learning and it happens.
Don't hold/hug him. YOU could get sick from holding a dead animal.
Don't put him under a blanket.

When they become 'stiff' Riga Mortis has set in and they are dead.
I'm sorry.

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We were also allowed to bury animals in some instances.

I don't know much about cremation.

You didn't do anything wrong your just learning and it happens.
Don't hold/hug him. YOU could get sick from holding a dead animal.
Don't put him under a blanket.

When they become 'stiff' Riga Mortis has set in and they are dead.
I'm sorry.

Since I’m unable to burry her and I don’t have the heart to cremate her - do you guys think putting her into the river is a better idea?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Since I’m unable to burry her and I don’t have the heart to cremate her - do you guys think putting her into the river is a better idea?
I would not - get a planter box and some dirt put her in a little box and bury her in that and keep it w/ you on your balcony if you have one- then you know she's w/ you

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom