Came home to this

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She looks much better --- she seems to be pulling thru and and whatever it was -- please no more broccoli for her -- I dont know if that is what it was but w/ her pooping it out and throwing it up I am sure helped - keep us posted on her please
She looks much better --- she seems to be pulling thru and and whatever it was -- please no more broccoli for her -- I dont know if that is what it was but w/ her pooping it out and throwing it up I am sure helped - keep us posted on her please
I keep giving her water in a syringe and she takes it - is it possible to give her too much water and that will also make her sick?

Her current tank temp is 85% - I haven’t turned the lights on yet as its 9 am I usually turn them on at 10 am

Definitely absolutely no more broccoli - i wonder if it could be the black soldier larvae too? I have no idea what caused it and what to stop besides the broccoli

Will definitely keep you posted - her eyes are open now and shes laying down same position as the last photo

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I keep giving her water in a syringe and she takes it - is it possible to give her too much water and that will also make her sick?

Her current tank temp is 85% - I haven’t turned the lights on yet as its 9 am I usually turn them on at 10 am

Definitely absolutely no more broccoli - i wonder if it could be the black soldier larvae too? I have no idea what caused it and what to stop besides the broccoli

Will definitely keep you posted - her eyes are open now and shes laying down same position as the last photo
Keep offering the water - little at a time - she wont drink if shes not thirsty- she threw the broccoli up so I am thinking that is what caused the upset stomach - what are her surface basking temps? And are you taking them w/ a digital probe thermometer? We didnt go over your lighting in the tank - your UVB your using is a coil or a long tube fixture?

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Keep offering the water - little at a time - she wont drink if shes not thirsty- she threw the broccoli up so I am thinking that is what caused the upset stomach - what are her surface basking temps? And are you taking them w/ a digital probe thermometer? We didnt go over your lighting in the tank - your UVB your using is a coil or a long tube fixture?
Update: she just climbed out of her bed and onto her basking branch for a few min now shes laying like this:
Her stomach is also shedding, keeps opening and closing her eyes

I’m not taking temps with a digital probe thermometer I just ordered one - I’m using the battery operated reptizoo thermometer

UVB is a long tube fixture 10.0 UVB 13W

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 49

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Update: she just climbed out of her bed and onto her basking branch for a few min now shes laying like this:
Her stomach is also shedding, keeps opening and closing her eyes

I’m not taking temps with a digital probe thermometer I just ordered one - I’m using the battery operated reptizoo thermometer

UVB is a long tube fixture 10.0 UVB 13W
Is the uvb in a dome?

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes on top of her tank, her tank is 12” in height 42 in length 36 width
Photo update difference between last night and today - I think she’s pulling through :’)

Attachments

• 9FF9C0D5-C81C-4D32-A383-A14B63E6F478.jpg
    9FF9C0D5-C81C-4D32-A383-A14B63E6F478.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 48

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Photo update difference between last night and today - I think she’s pulling through :’)
Ok please post a pic of her tank and lighting - if you have a 13 watt uvb please get rid of it as soon as you can - these bulbs are inadequate and cause all kinds of health issues- you want a tank as big as you can afford - like a 120 gallon is recommended - right now we need to get that uvb replaced- I can post a website to get the uvb you need and when you up grade this uvb will go into the new tank

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok please post a pic of her tank and lighting - if you have a 13 watt uvb please get rid of it as soon as you can - these bulbs are inadequate and cause all kinds of health issues- you want a tank as big as you can afford - like a 120 gallon is recommended - right now we need to get that uvb replaced- I can post a website to get the uvb you need and when you up grade this uvb will go into the new tank
I was advised to get this specific UVB on here? I’m so confused? :(

I just checked on my order - the enclosure is 36x18x12 33 gallon from dubiaroaches.com

Please do share the websites - do I still change the tank? I think its already big for her? I’ve attached photos

Also I tried to take a pic showing her beard, is it possible for their beards to swell or stretch or extend after throwing up? I also see the blackness is slowly going away?

Attachments

• 1FEAA17B-5B1B-4120-A847-4A75EB1488DB.jpeg
    1FEAA17B-5B1B-4120-A847-4A75EB1488DB.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 54F6067B-E381-4734-BD3B-FB44ECD4F077.jpeg
    54F6067B-E381-4734-BD3B-FB44ECD4F077.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 55
  • B86BCD50-047C-43F5-967C-17153E6B7342.jpeg
    B86BCD50-047C-43F5-967C-17153E6B7342.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 54
  • BEF62E7B-DF4E-4200-BDB1-B5D6FAD10F2A.jpg
    BEF62E7B-DF4E-4200-BDB1-B5D6FAD10F2A.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 55

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I was advised to get this specific UVB on here? I’m so confused? :(

I just checked on my order - the enclosure is 36x18x12 33 gallon from dubiaroaches.com

Please do share the websites - do I still change the tank? I think its already big for her? I’ve attached photos

Also I tried to take a pic showing her beard, is it possible for their beards to swell or stretch or extend after throwing up? I also see the blackness is slowly going away?
You want this tank Reptile Habitats 4x2x2 (120 Gallon) PVC Bearded Dragon Enclosure | Dubia.com
and this UVB 24" this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb please use it for the 33 gallon tank - it needs to go inside the tank w/ a distance of 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor or take the screen off -- when you get the bigger tank you will need to go to the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb --- I can post things to hang the UVB if you need me to -- I would take some of the decor out of the tank - dragons like floor space
yes beards stretch when starting to shed - they puff them out - not sure about after the throwing up tho -

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
This is great to hear ! She IS looking much better and like she will get through this, I was wondering and hoping she would ! It may be that she was choking on a piece of broccoli after she threw it up. Don't offer any food right now, a big dose of vitamins is not necessary, just a little water now 1-2 X a day at most, not too much in case she gets sick again. Plain water, don't mix anything. You can try food tomorrow or even Tuesday, let her digestive system rest. BTW, how much heat do you have throughout the tank ? You don't want to over heat her.

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This is great to hear ! She IS looking much better and like she will get through this, I was wondering and hoping she would ! It may be that she was choking on a piece of broccoli after she threw it up. Don't offer any food right now, a big dose of vitamins is not necessary, just a little water now 1-2 X a day at most, not too much in case she gets sick again. Plain water, don't mix anything. You can try food tomorrow or even Tuesday, let her digestive system rest. BTW, how much heat do you have throughout the tank ? You don't want to over heat her.
She is definitely looking much better :’) she’s still super lethargic though. But a tiny bit more active then yesterday. Yesterday she was a goner. Today at least when I walk by her tank she got startled once or lifted her head to see. Yesterday she didn’t flinch at anything and was completely flat in her tank eyes closed.

I’ll try food with a tong tomorrow and see if she responds to it, will definitely take it slow and potentially wait until Tuesday.

I have a UVA + ceramic heat emitter, her tank temp currently is 100F on the lights side and 25 humidity, she did bask earlier but have moved to the darker part of her tank about 2 hours ago and has been laying there. I keep checking on her. Praying for complete recovery by tuesday 😢

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's good for her to rest, that's what we all do after we've been very ill so that's normal. Make sure that the cool side is no more than 82-84F in case she feels better out of the heat. But she's definitely improved !

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update: she looks much better, beard hasn’t darkened since today’s photo but she’s been asleep in the same position for the past 5 hours - could this possibly be brumation or maybe just resting after everything that’s happened?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Update: she looks much better, beard hasn’t darkened since today’s photo but she’s been asleep in the same position for the past 5 hours - could this possibly be brumation or maybe just resting after everything that’s happened?
My guess she is resting but you need to get the coil replaced for the UVB - those are no good and as we speak she could be developing another issue- coils are famous for causing illnesses in dragons - this is critical

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My guess she is resting but you need to get the coil replaced for the UVB - those are no good and as we speak she could be developing another issue- coils are famous for causing illnesses in dragons - this is critical
I just saw your last response - thank you so much for the link I’m going to order it now, if you do have a link for what I can use to hang it on the inside please do share it - when you say coils do you mean the lamp its holding the bulbs in or the bulb itself? Because I use the same lamp fixture for both UVA and UVB but the UVB bulb isn’t a round shaped bulb or coil like its like the long one in the link you sent me but shorter, was supposed to find a long lamp fixture for it but couldn’t find the right one for its size

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom