Came home to this

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Not sure if this is poop or vomit, the green is broccoli
Beardie very legarthic, also shedding a lot, beard is very black, few black dots on face below eyes
Tried to feed her a little water and she took it. She was behaving super normally yesterday and this morning
9849CD40-0653-496E-8087-6910C08139C8.jpeg

Attachments

• 22EFAA2E-8F5F-43C7-BF5F-73E4FB87418D.jpeg
    22EFAA2E-8F5F-43C7-BF5F-73E4FB87418D.jpeg
    239.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 8D749D53-6D70-4AD7-9439-14417777CEBF.jpeg
    8D749D53-6D70-4AD7-9439-14417777CEBF.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 105

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not sure if this is poop or vomit, the green is broccoli
Beardie very legarthic, also shedding a lot, beard is very black, few black dots on face below eyes
Tried to feed her a little water and she took it. She was behaving super normally yesterday and this morning
View attachment 77168
Shes distressed and I am guessing a upset stomach from the broccoli -- please no more --- no spinach either that is poop by the way -- here is a nutrition website ignore the kale info its outdated Nutrition Content

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Shes distressed and I am guessing a upset stomach from the broccoli -- please no more --- no spinach either that is poop by the way -- here is a nutrition website ignore the kale info its outdated Nutrition Content
So she’s fine? She keeps closing and opening her eyes and its making me panic because of her black beard, is she going to die? All vets are closed and nearest one is 2 hours away open 7 am tomorrow- is there anything I should do now or just let her rest?

I stopped the spinach but read broccoli was fine - do i just not give her any veggies anymore?

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update
Little white spots on beard?
Just pooped very little urate like a drop

Attachments

• 27FDCB45-C419-4CB7-8405-DC79AC2DE49A.jpeg
    27FDCB45-C419-4CB7-8405-DC79AC2DE49A.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 88B90BE2-D791-4676-83BD-7A1F074D6AEE.jpeg
    88B90BE2-D791-4676-83BD-7A1F074D6AEE.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 74

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So she’s fine? She keeps closing and opening her eyes and its making me panic because of her black beard, is she going to die? All vets are closed and nearest one is 2 hours away open 7 am tomorrow- is there anything I should do now or just let her rest?

I stopped the spinach but read broccoli was fine - do i just not give her any veggies anymore?
She needs collards turnip kale or mustard greens dandelion greens - for now I would hold off till her beard goes back to being normal- there is stuff you can give for upset stomachs I need Tracie to help w/ this
@Drache613
Gulping / hiccups ?
We need Tracie to see this if she doesn't respond tonight I will flag ahbd see if she can help do you have a heat emitter? I would get her night time temps up to about 80 - she's not feeling good that's for sure- how much broccoli did she eat and how long ago?

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She needs collards turnip kale or mustard greens dandelion greens - for now I would hold off till her beard goes back to being normal- there is stuff you can give for upset stomachs I need Tracie to help w/ this
@Drache613

We need Tracie to see this if she doesn't respond tonight I will flag ahbd see if she can help do you have a heat emitter? I would get her night time temps up to about 80 - she's not feeling good that's for sure- how much broccoli did she eat and how long ago?
1 small floret, cut into 6 small pieces size to match between her eyes. It’s not the first time I’ve given her broccoli but I don’t do it often, the last time was last month same amount

I fed her 8 hours ago, but she’s pooped it since in the last photo i put with her poop the other one was completely broccoli didn’t even look like poop that’s why im assuming it was vomit because there wasn’t urate at the end?

She also feels cold to the touch although her tank her 100F currently - I do have a heat emitter for nighttime

Also is it just me or does her beard look swollen? I’m not sure if its fat or swollen? She keeps opening and closing her eyes going to different parts of her tank. I’ve misted her twice and fed her a little water

Attachments

• 520C0B2E-BB83-49F3-B3ED-EBDF8AF58BB9.jpeg
    520C0B2E-BB83-49F3-B3ED-EBDF8AF58BB9.jpeg
    300.3 KB · Views: 79

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It's good she's pooping - her eyes look sunken- please run your heat emitter tonight
I have this, its a natural laxative, do you recommend i give it to her in water to help her poop more or let her be?

I will keep the heat emitter on tonight - its 1 heat emitter, 75W. I have another though, do you recommend I put 2 heat emitters or is 1 fine?
I would replace the UVA with the other 75W heat emitter for the night if you suggest 2 heat emitters

Attachments

• DA224AFC-5A9C-4AF7-8877-2E2DB12F58AB.jpg
    DA224AFC-5A9C-4AF7-8877-2E2DB12F58AB.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 57

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also for some reason she keeps going to the cooler sides of the tank but her feel is still cold to the touch?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have this, its a natural laxative, do you recommend i give it to her in water to help her poop more or let her be?

I will keep the heat emitter on tonight - its 1 heat emitter, 75W. I have another though, do you recommend I put 2 heat emitters or is 1 fine?
I would replace the UVA with the other 75W heat emitter for the night if you suggest 2 heat emitters
No on the laxative - she's pooping that's good - one heat emitter you don't want temps to high 80ish

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok put the heat emitter center of tank -
She also keeps going to her water bowl and laying in it - do you recommend i bathe her or hold off? Thank you so much for your responses by the way. I really truly owe you. Please let me know if there is any way I can thank you because really it’s been just me and my beardie no one around me is informed on reptiles at all/wont take this seriously I am very grateful for all your responses.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Take the water bowl out. Are you positive she's not overheated ? She does look ill. Is there any chance that she ate a foreign object, do you have fake plants or anything that she might have swallowed ? Broccoli is not a great food for beardies but it wouldn't cause a reaction anything like this. Keep offering a little water but no laxative type foods and no dewrmer. You can keep a little heat on tonight but don't go over 85.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom