Came home to Beardie with half a beard. Anybody seen this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely let us know how she is doing. Since you had fed her some grapes, did you chop them or slice them up for her,
or did she chew them up very well? They can store food in their beard sometimes so that isn't out of the realm of possibility
since you had mentioned it is soft. If it becomes hard to the touch then you might need to get her to a vet if it doesn't recede.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We just woke up, she slept perfectly well. The swelling looks like it went down if that's what it was. She still likes to keep her eye closed but not as much as yesterday

Attachments

• 20220225_070242.jpg
    20220225_070242.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 20220225_070133.jpg
    20220225_070133.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 20220225_070307.jpg
    20220225_070307.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 20220225_070235.jpg
    20220225_070235.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 20220225_070235(0).jpg
    20220225_070235(0).jpg
    103 KB · Views: 70

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Well it does look better I can’t tell with her eye I can’t see anything but hopefully Drache613 will have a look. I’m hoping the swelling will continue to go down if’s she’s acting normal eating pooping etc. just keep a close eye on it and I would make an appointment with the vet and you can have it checked and do a fecal just to be on the safe side.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Soonest vet appointment is next week, their emergency offices are closed due to staff shortage and high patient volume

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
That should be fine just see how she does and how she looks the next few days. Let us know how she’s doing

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow that is a huge improvement in just a day or so!! I am sure that she feels a lot better. It looks like it was
likely just food stored there. You are taking her into the vets next week for a checkup?
She should be just fine though but keep us posted on her.
Could she be getting ready to shed on or around her eye area, or not?

Tracie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
My baby does this from time to time. Not saying nothings wrong. However awhile back i actually posted asking about this same thing her beard was swollen looking and I took her to the vet. The vet had no idea what it was and told me they thought i had nothing to worry about and it still does it from time to time once in great moon. I've always touched it and never seemed to bother her when i did so. They are both girls maybe hormonal idk. If you look through my posts you'll see my past post on the same issue it freaked me out at first but there has been no issues involving this weird occurrence. Hope this helps ease your mind. Does it bother the dragon when you touch it?

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no she seems fine if i touch it. i was worried she dislocated her beard or bruised it or broke a bone or something

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Well I’m glad to see she’s ok and it can’t be a bad idea to just have her checked out at the vet 🤷🏼

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yea, im kinda looking forward to being able to go over her lab work. i had her in for an anual check up about 3 months ago and still have not been able to sit down with the vet and go over her blood work or fecal

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Yeah that will be good to get that information and confirm everything is good should allow you to take a deep breath 😮‍💨 lol 😂 these guy’s have a way of making us worry like crazy. My guy has been a test for my anxiety and patience and I still can’t sit back and relax after 4 years I’m always trying to change this or change that is my lighting setup perfect etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom