Came home to Beardie with half a beard. Anybody seen this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Only on her right side, doesn't look stressed, almost looks swelled. I can press in on it and don't feel any hard Mounds but it does have some weight to it almost like pressing in on a balloon

Closest vet to me is 3 hours, what do we think?

Attachments

• 16457478937375536650200658343662.jpg
    16457478937375536650200658343662.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 161

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
From the picture it looks like she’s shedding? I’m guessing she’s puffing up that area to loosen up the shed but it’s just a guess. Is it still puffed up on the one side? I’ve never seen that other than my guy would puff up an area for a while when he was shedding to stretch it out?

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
From the picture it looks like she’s shedding? I’m guessing she’s puffing up that area to loosen up the shed but it’s just a guess. Is it still puffed up on the one side? I’ve never seen that other than my guy would puff up an area for a while when he was shedding to stretch it out?
She's got it like that for the past hour, it was like that when I got home and she's asleep right now, I can still see it puffed out

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Boy I wish I could help more if it we’re me I’d want to take her to the vet to have a look. She doesn’t have any kind of discharge from her nose does she? She’s not mouth breathing is she?

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Boy I wish I could help more if it we’re me I’d want to take her to the vet to have a look. She doesn’t have any kind of discharge from her nose does she? She’s not mouth breathing is she?
No there's no mouth-breathing, no type of discharge. She ate some grapes I cut up for her, she refused her roaches and kale. She's sleeping right now next to a heat vent. Figured I'd let her rest for a while and then maybe take a look in a couple hours

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I noticed she was keeping her right eye closed, it looked like there was a little something on her eyelid. I pokes her into opening her eye and then poured water over it a few times. After a bit of fussing she's now keeping her eye open so I'm kind of wondering if maybe she didn't jump and land on one of her branches, slamming her chin and getting some of the particulate thrown into her eye

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Very well could be let me know in the morning if her eye and the swollen beard are better

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
You know what, I trimmed her nails yesterday. I wonder if she didn't jump trying to grab something, not being able to hook it and she fell...

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
did this happen before or after you fed the grapes? i vaguely remember someone on here mentioning at times their dragon would store food instead of swallowing it. could that be what's going on here?

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
That’s interesting maybe try and message the area of the beard that’s swollen and see if you can feel a piece of grape how did you chop the grapes?

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No I fed her grapes after this, I was trying to see if he would eat anything and went through her favorite foods. Her grapes get peeled and diced

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Shoot I thought that might be it maybe she’s stored a mouthful of grapes. See what it looks like in the morning 🤷🏼

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
ok. it was just a random thought cause i can't think of anything else either. you would think being that big it would involve a black beard if it was an issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom