110068-9819843401.jpg
110068-1318295552.jpg
110068-5816483791.jpg
110068-779103851.jpg
110068-6217919518.jpg
110068-9837718857.jpg
110068-5639276663.jpg
110068-356855672.jpg
So I've had my bearded dragon since mid May and I got her as a baby. Shes been on this rocky mat for a few months now and didn't have any issues till recently. I've put her on a reptile carpet for now but she's developed what looks to be calluses on her heels on all 4 paws. I've been soaking her everyday(she loves water and swimming) and have started applying neosporin on the spots. On her front left paw the callus has started almost peeling off. I dont know if this is a good thing or not but it doesn't hurt her at all and she's unfazed by it. I've already started looking for a vet in my area that does bearded dragons but wanted to get some feedback and help before then. I don't want her toe to fall off or get damaged.

Hi there,

Doesn't really look like calluses. It looks like some minor damage to her appendages. I would flush the wound with fresh dilute Betadine, then put on a triple antibiotic ointment. This should assist in the healing process.

Hope this helps.

Cabcat13579

Original Poster
So its not supposed to be peeling, alright I'll go through and flush it and continue with the antibiotic ointment. Should I continue to give her baths though? Again she's not in any pain and hasn't been acting any different at all. She's always been really active and eats a lot. There hasn't been a single change in her behavior or anything to suggest she's really in pain.

Cabcat13579

Original Poster
I have an update. I came home after running errands to find the spot on her front left paw had fallen off. Her toe is red and raw looking. I've gone through and soaked her in the betadine people recommended and have applied antibiotic ointment to the spot and but a band aid on it. The others on her other feet look like they are starting to peel off as well. What do I do until the vet office opens tomorrow?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's too bad, I don't like those sand mats at all. They are supposed to mimic their natural environment but beardies don't live on stuff that's almost the equivalent of sandpaper and gravel. You can put raw unpasteurized honey on and then the bandaid, honey heals things more quickly and kills bacteria. Hope she doesn't lose any toes but if she does she will be fine without them. Best wishes for a good outcome !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom