Calculating doses Panacur

Status
Not open for further replies.

LennyTheLizardKing

Juvie Member
Me and Leonard got back from the vet today and we were prescribed , this is what it says on the bottle "Panacur granule singles 4.5 G package"
Give 1.7 of CC today then repeat in 3 weeks and again in 6 weeks. Does that sound accurate? He is 500g

LennyTheLizardKing

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Drache613":q32r1xnh said:
Hello,

What strength did you mix the Panacur to, do you know?

Tracie
Hello,
Im not sure the strength, thats all it said on the bottle. When i got home from the vet, it was sunny so i put him outside in the sun and he made a bowel movement after almost 2 weeks of not going. I then brought the sample back to the vet and it tested negative for parasites.. I just replaced his reptisun it was about 6-7 months old. He hasnt been eating much lately, hes probably going into brumation?. The vet also said to reduce his lights to 10 hours a day for 2 weeks then 8 hours for 2 weeks then 10 hours etc ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did it get mixed in with x amount of mls of fluids & if so how much? If I have a total amount of mls in the mixed up bottle I can figure it for you.
AT least he tested negative for parasites though. It is a big possibility he is going into brumation, as a lot are going in right now.
You can decrease the total amount of time the lights are on, that is fine if he is not eating much.

Tracie

LennyTheLizardKing

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Drache613":134ecf0n said:
Hello,

Did it get mixed in with x amount of mls of fluids & if so how much? If I have a total amount of mls in the mixed up bottle I can figure it for you.
AT least he tested negative for parasites though. It is a big possibility he is going into brumation, as a lot are going in right now.
You can decrease the total amount of time the lights are on, that is fine if he is not eating much.

Tracie
Yeah im not sure they mixed it behind the counter, i could call and find out exactly.. But apparently he doesnt have parasites so i dont think its necessary.. He hasnt had any Baby food ina while so i gave him some squash as a treat with some herptivite and he enjoyed it. The vet also did an xray and he said his bones look like they are nice and strong so his calci levels are good i hope. I guess the only way to tell is by blood work. Can i give him the baby food w/ supplements for a few days so he gets some nutrition?
Thanks Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If he does not have any parasites or worms then he doesn't really need any medication.
Yes, you can continue to give some baby food & supplements for a few more days to make sure he is getting enough nutrition & food right now. At least he had good x-rays & his bones looked good. Blood tests are the best way to determine calcium levels though, in general.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom