Calcium w/o D3 and Herptivite, or Repashy Calcium Plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious if using a UVB light while supplementing your dragon with the Repashy Calcium Plus would fulfill his calcium/multivitamin intake? (With his daily feedings of course. He's a 10 month old beardie).

Currently I use just the basic calcium without D3 and have a UVB light; I have Herptivite with Beta Carotene but I wasn't sure if I should use it in conjunction with the calcium without D3 or as like, one day calcium, next day herptivite, so on so forth. I wanted to ask if switching to Repashy's Calcium Plus might eliminate that? I just wanna make sure I'm measuring things correctly, and he's getting all he needs.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Either option is probably OK. The Repashy is a good all in one option. Which UVB light are you using and how far is it above the main basking area? Either way you want to try and offer as much variety as you can in the diet. I feel that supplements become less important as they get older and eat fewer bugs and focus on veges.

PoisonedPaint

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1705eiq6 said:
Either option is probably OK. The Repashy is a good all in one option. Which UVB light are you using and how far is it above the main basking area? Either way you want to try and offer as much variety as you can in the diet. I feel that supplements become less important as they get older and eat fewer bugs and focus on veges.

Right now I'm still using the ones from the kit I mentioned in the other thread; I have a picture here I will attempt to upload with my WIP. As I mentioned I'll be getting the T5 Tube Light 1.0 Reptisun 24W but the current UVB is 13W on the right side as you're looking at the image. The basking bulb on the left as you're looking at it is the 75w Repti Basking Spot bulb from Zoo Med.

full

And cool; Should I mix the Calcium (no D3) with the Herptivite each feeding if I decide to stick with those? Or just do the alternating daily? I'll probably do less supplements as you mentioned when hes a bit older/eating veges more--currently he just eats a small leaf or two of collards now and then, haha. He'll go nuts over crickets though. :)

NOTE: The enclosure is still being worked on with adjustments like a basking platform/different climbing basking heights, foliage, etc. I literally just threw this together earlier today because he was getting a bit antsy in the 20g.

Another note: If you were curious who that was on top of the lid of the tank, that was my Gargoyle Gecko. I put her there temporarily as I was cleaning her tank beside my beardie's.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You'll probably want to use D3 supplement until you get the T5 in place. Once you have the T5 then it should provide enough UVB so that D3 supplement is not necessary.

PoisonedPaint

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2ah8918b said:
You'll probably want to use D3 supplement until you get the T5 in place. Once you have the T5 then it should provide enough UVB so that D3 supplement is not necessary.
Ok! Sounds good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom