Calcium/kidney stones?

gmsblaze

Beardie name(s)
Blaze & Sushi
Hi everyone. My 1.5 year old beardie, female, has been passing this solid egg like stones for about a month. You can see they consist of a calcium looking substance. Today she passed 2, in total, she’s passed about 5 I️ want to say over the course of 6 weeks. I️ have taken her to the vet, she has had ultrasounds & x-rays done showing what looks to be follicles in her stomach (she has gained 20 grams since April alone)… today he took her blood to run some tests so I️ will hear more next week. Via the vet, I️ have cut her calcium intake down to just 1x a week instead of 2-3x.
IMG_5064.jpeg

She eats regularly, basks as usual, & sleeps well. She’s hydrated & on the outside, appears healthy. Her behavior has not changed much, if at all.

Wondering if anyone on here has seen this before or has any other information? Thanks! :)

Attachments

• IMG_4104.jpeg
    IMG_4104.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 64

gmsblaze

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Blaze & Sushi
Hi everyone. My 1.5 year old beardie, female, has been passing this solid egg like stones for about a month. You can see they consist of a calcium looking substance. Today she passed 2, in total, she’s passed about 5 I️ want to say over the course of 6 weeks. I️ have taken her to the vet, she has had ultrasounds & x-rays done showing what looks to be follicles in her stomach (she has gained 20 grams since April alone)… today he took her blood to run some tests so I️ will hear more next week. Via the vet, I️ have cut her calcium intake down to just 1x a week instead of 2-3x. View attachment 80597

She eats regularly, basks as usual, & sleeps well. She’s hydrated & on the outside, appears healthy. Her behavior has not changed much, if at all.

Wondering if anyone on here has seen this before or has any other information? Thanks! :)
Here’s a picture of her from yesterday totally chill

Attachments

• IMG_5058.jpeg
    IMG_5058.jpeg
    318 KB · Views: 56

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would definitely love to see any bloodwork when you do receive it!
The vet thinks she has eggs/follicles? The clumps she has been laying do look somewhat like
hardened eggs or calcified eggs. Strange, most of the time they are shaped differently. Is she
acting ok, she looks pretty normal there in the picture.

Tracie

gmsblaze

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Blaze & Sushi
Hello,

I would definitely love to see any bloodwork when you do receive it!
The vet thinks she has eggs/follicles? The clumps she has been laying do look somewhat like
hardened eggs or calcified eggs. Strange, most of the time they are shaped differently. Is she
acting ok, she looks pretty normal there in the picture.

Tracie
Yes! He says they can see the follicles in the ultrasound & even took me back to look too & It’s like small round circles in her stomach. She is acting normal- she doesn’t run much when I️ let her out but she basks & eats no problem!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, did they say how much may be left for her to pass? How is she doing today?
I'm glad to hear she is acting normal & basking. She is eating normally right now?
Just keep an eye on her so if she starts acting differently you can get her back into
the vets.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom