Calcium, Calcium with D3, Multi Vitamin Includes D3 - What is the proper supplement schedule?

Beardie name(s)
Diva
I have a 7 month old bearded dragon and I am trying to figure out what the supplement schedule should be and I'm mostly confused by the D3. This is what I have

Flukers Multi Vitamin with Beta Carotene (the nutrition label in back says in includes D3)
Flukers Calcium non phosphorus
Flukers Calcium with D3

If the multi vitamin has D3, then I should not give the calcium with D3?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a 7 month old bearded dragon and I am trying to figure out what the supplement schedule should be and I'm mostly confused by the D3. This is what I have

Flukers Multi Vitamin with Beta Carotene (the nutrition label in back says in includes D3)
Flukers Calcium non phosphorus
Flukers Calcium with D3

If the multi vitamin has D3, then I should not give the calcium with D3?

Give the cal w/ D3 and the vitamin w/ beta carotene- lightly coat the insects - the cal w/ D3 5 x per week ONE time per feeding / day and the vitamins 2 x per week lightly coated ONE time per feeding /day - he should be fine ---- the calcium non phosph will be given at the time hes a year old and the cal w/ D3 will be cut back -- your UVB bulb T 5 or T 8 is going to determine how many times to give

Fortheloveofdragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Diva
Give the cal w/ D3 and the vitamin w/ beta carotene- lightly coat the insects - the cal w/ D3 5 x per week ONE time per feeding / day and the vitamins 2 x per week lightly coated ONE time per feeding /day - he should be fine ---- the calcium non phosph will be given at the time hes a year old and the cal w/ D3 will be cut back -- your UVB bulb T 5 or T 8 is going to determine how many times to give
Thanks I have a T5 12%

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thanks I have a T5 12%
Ok so w/ that being said at one year of age you will drop the cal d3 down to one time per week and use your cal w/ no phosph 2 times per week - dusting the insects lightly coated -- the vitamins wont need to be given as frequently if the dragon is eating his salads hes going to get his nutrients etc from those --

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom