Calci worms and Black Soldier flies. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so... I bought a 1000 pack of calci worms the other week. My beardie has been off his food the past week due to a parasite infection which is now being treated. My problem is that a lot of the larvae have turned into soldier flies! I have no idea what to do with them as I am in the UK and on the box it says something like "Do not release into the wild. Not native to UK". I can hear them buzzing/trying to fly all night, they're so creepy :(

Is there any way that I can get them out somehow and continue feeding the worms? I don't want them to go to waste as it was such a large number and they're so expensive to buy here in the UK :(

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Phoenix Worms are another brand name for black soldier fly larvae. They're a great treat. My guy loves the flies. They're pretty slow and clumsy as far as flies go so they're easy to catch. I just grab them in my hand or just hold out the open container and offer them that way. He's usually quick to nab them. If one gets away I just track it (not usually very far) and pinch it and offer it that way. Like I said, easy to catch.

rebeccamonteith

Original Poster
Oh I didn't realise they could eat the flies too! There's just quite a lot of them and they creep me out haha! But I will try that tomorrow! Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom