Cage critique updated

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I have posted my cage set up before, but I took some of the advice and made some adjustments with the uvb, but this is what I have now, if there’s anything you feel I should change or add please feel free to weight it, I’m gonna get thermometer probes as people have recommended but, I’m a little tight on money right now, but I appreciate any advice/critique! [basking bulb is 75 watt with heat and uva reptisun, night bulb is a 60 watt ceramic emitter thrive , and the uvb is 5.0 17 watt t8 reptisun], and I check the heat with a temperature gun, through out the day. And I had thermometers in the but my little man decided he could climb on them and hang upside down on the screen lid.

Attachments

• C4A8931D-9ACD-41FA-93A7-CC2E2CCBF40B.jpeg
    C4A8931D-9ACD-41FA-93A7-CC2E2CCBF40B.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 94
  • AC8D96B5-F035-4517-998D-D3B4F82BFF6C.jpeg
    AC8D96B5-F035-4517-998D-D3B4F82BFF6C.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 62

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have posted my cage set up before, but I took some of the advice and made some adjustments with the uvb, but this is what I have now, if there’s anything you feel I should change or add please feel free to weight it, I’m gonna get thermometer probes as people have recommended but, I’m a little tight on money right now, but I appreciate any advice/critique! [basking bulb is 75 watt with heat and uva reptisun, night bulb is a 60 watt ceramic emitter thrive , and the uvb is 5.0 17 watt t8 reptisun], and I check the heat with a temperature gun, through out the day. And I had thermometers in the but my little man decided he could climb on them and hang upside down on the screen lid.
Please get the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb --- the 5.0 is not strong enough to go thru your screen -- you will need to check the surface basking temps every 10 days w/ that digital probe you have --- IR guns are good for spot checks but you do want an actual reading at some point

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom