Cage Cleaning Wipes

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Yes Coccidia, it's a major pain to get under control.
I’m not an expert in this, but I’d venture to say not. Probably would want/need to do a more thorough cleaning in that particular case.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Agreed. Most disinfectants won't kill Coccidia, it takes ammonia or high heat, both have to be in contact for 10ish minutes to kill it. Of course ammonia has it's own drawbacks, the fumes are dangerous to beardies, it has to be aired out to zero fumes. Once it's under control f10 or chlorhexidine can be used to keep it under control. The biggest thing is keeping the habitat sanitized in the first place. The life cycle of Coccidia requires it to be pooped out and reingested. If you stop it from being reingested thats how you cure it. The normal ammount in their gut the body can handle, it's when they ingest it that it explodes into an infection.

Last edited:

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom