Cage Accessories

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
full

its back in!
if that is a T 8 sitting on top of your screen your dragon is getting NO UVB --- it needs to be inside the tank w/ a distance of 6-8 inches directly about the basking decor piece --- T 8's are not strong enough to go thru screen -- and if the bulb is 6 months old its expired -- I would also recommend getting a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 they are good bulbs or upgrade to a Zoo Med 24" fixture w /a the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 that is better suited for the size of the tank --- if you need more help please ask -- distance is going to be different from the T 8 that your using and screen will determine where the T 5 goes -- please get the UVB situated ASAP-- your dragon is getting sick w/ the way it sits now --- cant express this enough

DragonMaster9817

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
if that is a T 8 sitting on top of your screen your dragon is getting NO UVB --- it needs to be inside the tank w/ a distance of 6-8 inches directly about the basking decor piece --- T 8's are not strong enough to go thru screen -- and if the bulb is 6 months old its expired -- I would also recommend getting a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 they are good bulbs or upgrade to a Zoo Med 24" fixture w /a the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 that is better suited for the size of the tank --- if you need more help please ask -- distance is going to be different from the T 8 that your using and screen will determine where the T 5 goes -- please get the UVB situated ASAP-- your dragon is getting sick w/ the way it sits now --- cant express this enough
um...slight problem with that
full

also I don't know how to put it in the cage to where its stays up properly and does not fall, I mean that broken piece of plastic is just from me and my dad trying to replace a bulb

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
um...slight problem with that
full

also I don't know how to put it in the cage to where its stays up properly and does not fall, I mean that broken piece of plastic is just from me and my dad trying to replace a bulb
Is there a reflector behind the bulb? You can take the screen set it up to the fixture w/ the fixture placed width wise on the tank place it on one end of your tank - put a piece of basking decor directly under the uvb 6-8 inches- I would recommend getting a new fixture a 24" for a 40+ gallon tank- either a Zoo Med this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb you will need a reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia pro T 5 12% bulb -- these bulbs can sit on top of your screen since I can see it's a wide hole type- distance would be 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
shes right you need to put the uvb 6-8 inches. Then invest in a T5 like she spoke of. This will cause health issues. It will start by affecting appetite then stool then more serious problems like metabolic bone disease and organ issues. You can use adhesive Velcro or other 3M products to put the t8 in for now. Btw that zilla green ramp is awesome I know several people that use that same ramp including us. Perfect basking ledge they get nice and warm quickly

Last edited:

DragonMaster9817

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
shes right you need to put the uvb 6-8 inches. Then invest in a T5 like she spoke of. This will cause health issues. It will start by affecting appetite then stool then more serious problems like metabolic bone disease and organ issues. You can use adhesive Velcro or other 3M products to put the t8 in for now. Btw that zilla green ramp is awesome I know several people that use that same ramp including us. Perfect basking ledge they get nice and warm quickly
Ok, thanks for the tips on how to put my lamp in the cage. Side note, I put the hammocks in and he doesn’t like them as much as I though he would, but that’s probably he just dose not want to try something new, I think at this point he’s like 7-8 years old, but he dose like the shade they provide him while he’s eating, also it comes off occasionally but that’s probably because its 9 dollars from Amazon and not a Zillow ramp

Last edited:

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
hammocks are great. and like you said great shade if anything. Our dragon uses hers occasionally but she will go under it just to chill. we got ours from Amazon lol

DragonMaster9817

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
I finally did it, both my dad and I did not like the idea of tape or velcro because there was a slight chance of it falling off, so zip ties were the next best thing and have been supporting the light pretty well.
full

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I finally did it, both my dad and I did not like the idea of tape or velcro because there was a slight chance of it falling off, so zip ties were the next best thing and have been supporting the light pretty well.
full
Please get a piece of decor directly under the UVB -- 6-8 inches for a T 8-- make sure you change the bulb out in 5 months

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
The dragon needs access to 6 to 8 in to the UVB good job putting it inside but it needs to be able to get closer.

DragonMaster9817

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
Update: I'm getting the 24” fixture with the 10.0 T5 UV Bulb, and I also have the lights on an automated timer system, the only thing that isn't automated is the UV Bulb, to turn it on (because when I and my dad tried replacing it we messed up the conductors) I have to twist the bulb a little bit so it turns on, but now everything will be automated since I'm getting the new aforementioned UV fixture

Attachments

• 69044006292__2DD92CF3-E0F9-4162-A60F-6ECD015269E6.MOV
    3.1 MB

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Update: I'm getting the 24” fixture with the 10.0 T5 UV Bulb, and I also have the lights on an automated timer system, the only thing that isn't automated is the UV Bulb, to turn it on (because when I and my dad tried replacing it we messed up the conductors) I have to twist the bulb a little bit so it turns on, but now everything will be automated since I'm getting the new aforementioned UV fixture
If you still using the same tank/ screen and I believe its a wide hole screen the T 5 can sit on top just make sure you have the distance of the basking decor 8-10 inches directly under it --- did you get the dragon a hide? I recommend you do that -- and I would replace the hammock w/ one that is like a fleece / or cloth less hazard of the dragon catching his nails in it- does he use the hammock?

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom