Cage Accessories

Beardie name(s)
Speedy
I have taken out almost everything that was either in the way of my bearded dragon (now 5 years old) or harmful to my bearded dragon, but now his cage looks depressing, I want to include things like hammocks and driftwood, but I'm not sure if that would be appropriate for him, any suggestions for any accessories that would make my beardie happy and comfortable?

Edit: I can not get the cage dimensions right now because my beardie lives at my dad's house, and I am currently at my mom's house

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
There are a lot of good options. It partly depends on what looks good to you, and partly what they seem to enjoy living around and interacting with. I like to use wide flat driftwood pieces to provide an angled basking spot for them to perch on. They also seem to like the half log habba huts to bask on and sleep under. You can get pretty creative with it. Check out the DIY section of the forum for some examples of amazing and creative setups.

DragonMaster9817

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
full

here is a picture of a bowl I used to use for water and I need to know if I can just place food in it because I've recently just been placing food on the floor.

full

here is an image of my bearded dragon's current cage (he is also 6-7 years old if age changes anything). so incase my cage size changes anything of what I should put in it, let me know.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Yes, you can use it for feeding anything that will stay in it.
You need to put his uvb and basking bulb over his basking spot close together not spread apart as shown in the pic.
Unless he is having problems with climbing or balance there is no need to remove his favorite items. They need enrichment to keep them occupied and active. I am still wondering why? Poor dragon is probably wondering what happened to his world. Please put it back the way it was.

DragonMaster9817

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
Gormagon":1r0bcnc2 said:
Yes, you can use it for feeding anything that will stay in it.
You need to put his uvb and basking bulb over his basking spot close together not spread apart as shown in the pic.
Unless he is having problems with climbing or balance there is no need to remove his favorite items. They need enrichment to keep them occupied and active. I am still wondering why? Poor dragon is probably wondering what happened to his world. Please put it back the way it was.
well his rock that was closer to his heating lamp got too big for him and he constantly fell off and got stuck behind the rock unable to flip himself over so I had to take that out, I had a fake cactus in there but he kept knocking it over and he could not climb over it and that had to be removed, he had a food bowl but that was when I was using garbage food pellets and having water constantly in there, learned about how having water always in the cage can lead to respiratory issues and his green food bowl got waste permanently stuck to it and sand stuck to it, even had a water thing that was supposed to have water from a tiny plastic bottle drain out of a tiny plastic grate but it did not work like it was supposed to, plus his head was too big and got him dehydrated so that had to go, and those are the reasons why I took a lot of stuff out.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I constantly shift and tweak my dragons decor when I see a problem spot . Simply moving things an inch or two in one direction or another will do the trick.
I also clean food bowls with a dedicated scotchbrite pad when needed. My dragons have had the same decor and bowls for years "they hate change", lol!!!

Not saying you are doing anything wrong, just telling what I do with mine.

DragonMaster9817

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
Gormagon":2oq5wgdn said:
I constantly shift and tweak my dragons decor when I see a problem spot . Simply moving things an inch or two in one direction or another will do the trick.
I also clean food bowls with a dedicated scotchbrite pad when needed. My dragons have had the same decor and bowls for years "they hate change", lol!!!

Not saying you are doing anything wrong, just telling what I do with mine.

thank you for your advice, I don't need the green food bowl anymore because I'm using the rock bowl as his food bowl now and his tall rock is now lost in the G u l a g also known as my closet dimension, I mean its basically like a cave now

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I guess it is time to do some spelunking and be sure to tie a string around your belt loop so you can find your way back out..... GOOD LUCK!!! LMAO!!!

DragonMaster9817

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
Gormagon":213mx0j0 said:
I guess it is time to do some spelunking and be sure to tie a string around your belt loop so you can find your way back out..... GOOD LUCK!!! LMAO!!!
full

I see I must travel S u b t e r r i a n

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom