Burn or yellow fungus

JoJoPo

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Spike
I’m worried my bearded dragon may have yellow fungus. He hasn’t been in contact with any other bearded dragon his entire life but he has developed some spots that resemble a burn. It could possibly be a lamp burn as I just replaced one of my basking bulbs and these spots started developing soon after. He hasn’t been acting any differently and is still eating consistently. Any advice?
A2197641-3443-47E7-82DA-238B601D01CA.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I’m worried my bearded dragon may have yellow fungus. He hasn’t been in contact with any other bearded dragon his entire life but he has developed some spots that resemble a burn. It could possibly be a lamp burn as I just replaced one of my basking bulbs and these spots started developing soon after. He hasn’t been acting any differently and is still eating consistently. Any advice?
View attachment 71333
How far away is the basking bulb? It should be no closer than 6 inches-

JoJoPo

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Spike
How far away is the basking bulb? It should be no closer than 6 inches-
He was relatively close (around 4 inches) to it for about a week while I was back at college. Came back and moved his hammock about 3 inches down from the bulb. I only had it that close before because it never had seemed to bother him. It’s possible this bulb is somewhat stronger than the last one I had.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He was relatively close (around 4 inches) to it for about a week while I was back at college. Came back and moved his hammock about 3 inches down from the bulb. I only had it that close before because it never had seemed to bother him. It’s possible this bulb is somewhat stronger than the last one I had.
Please get a surface basking temp w/ a digital probe thermometer- how old is he? In the meantime you can put some raw unpasteurized honey found in your organic food section - please no crickets left in the tank - it will promote healing

JoJoPo

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Spike
Please get a surface basking temp w/ a digital probe thermometer- how old is he? In the meantime you can put some raw unpasteurized honey found in your organic food section - please no crickets left in the tank - it will promote healing
Okay sounds good. I’ll keep checking the temperatures daily. Should I use the unpasteurized honey all over the yellow spots? How long should I leave it there?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Okay sounds good. I’ll keep checking the temperatures daily. Should I use the unpasteurized honey all over the yellow spots? How long should I leave it there?
Just leave it on and apply as needed- watch the scales to see how it's healing - I am gonna have ahbd take a look as well
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree it's possibly a burn. Whatever it is the raw honey will help but of course if it gets worse post more pics here and also try to line up a visit with an experienced vet.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom