Bump on foot.? Hand.? Paw.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I've noticed that Toothless has a weird bump, almost like a knuckle.? It's only on that foot, and doesn't seem to bother or hinder him so I was curious what others thought.

Attachments

• 20221003_123648~2.jpg
    20221003_123648~2.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 104

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I see it but I'm not sure. Maybe AHBD help ya out.
@AHBD

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
My babies hands are like this also. Except on more than one finger. I figured it was knuckles
3AA6C9D5-881E-41A8-90CB-FD8F2B9FD817.jpeg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

When the fingers do have strange curves like that it can also indicate metabolic bone issues.
Are you using a good UVB light for him?

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

When the fingers do have strange curves like that it can also indicate metabolic bone issues.

Tracie
It moves okay, doesn't seem to bother him and he's had it for as long as we've had it.

Right now, we use an 80watt powersun uv and a thrive essentials basking. (The box on the basking says it also puts out uvs, but I'm not sure.?) And it's about 18 inches from him, maybe 24, but it's sitting on a mesh lid so until I can get the right tube, I'm getting a light stand for it.

I also dust his crickets a few times a week and will dust his salad everyday.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It moves okay, doesn't seem to bother him and he's had it for as long as we've had it.

Right now, we use an 80watt powersun uv and a thrive essentials basking. (The box on the basking says it also puts out uvs, but I'm not sure.?) And it's about 18 inches from him, maybe 24, but it's sitting on a mesh lid so until I can get the right tube, I'm getting a light stand for it.

I also dust his crickets a few times a week and will dust his salad everyday.
Please get the UVB as soon as you can - w/ the MVB sitting on the mesh hes not getting adequate UVB - it should be unobstructed - w/ a light stand you can take the screen off or part way off so that the MVB can be directly over him w/ no obstruction - the UVB will be better but you really need the long tube fixture as soon as you can get it --- a Zoo Med 24" fixture w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia Pro T 5 w /a 12% bulb -- I can post links if you need them -- but please get it soon -- most MVB do not emit enough UVB and we always recommend the long tube fixture as well

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Hello,

Tracie
Mines have those knots and I have a zoo med t5 with a 10.0 bulb in it. Which is mounted inside. Coincidentally, she has some styrofoam that lay she lays on directly under.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom