Building an enclosure

RodinBigD

My son recently was given a bearded dragon. I'm building it an enclosure. I have done some research and started last weekend. Hopefully this turns out ok.
I'm not much of a planner, so I did not draw out anything.
I went with 1/2" plywood and 1X 2 so far.
I'm building a ledge and rock formations using plywood. Not sure how that will turn out. The plan is to seal the wood, then cover with grout.
Edit...Forgot to add dimensions. It is 60" X 24"

Here are a few pics of the progress so far.
109851-5866739442.jpg
109851-766058062.jpg
109851-1848793924.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That should turn out nicely. It's a good size. Using plywood is a good option. I'd seal it with some polyurethane or a non toxic paint. I suggest adding ventilation low on the cool side and high on the warm side to allow for convection ventilation. Using a few circular vents with mesh covers or even the rectangular vents that are used in houses should do nicely.

Looks good so far! Just be sure to add enough ventilation and a spot for cords to go out the back :) You could do a low vent on the cool side and a high vent on the hot side, or even a full or partially screened top.

I just finished mine and originally had a wooden ledge like yours installed, but ended up ripping it out and creating a background/hide thingy out of styrofoam and grout.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom