Build Pablo a bed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Thank you to Melanie (not sure your name on here...) and her great instructions. I was able to follow her advice and make Pablo a bed like she has made. The whole thing cost me less than $10, and figured if I put it on here others can attempt to do this if they want. I hit up our hobby lobby who is currently having a 40% off unfinished wood. All it took was two 3-packs of decorative finials, one 6-pack of candlesticks, one 5''x12'' piece of wood, and one 16''x16'' foam. First I drilled four holes into the board for the finials as they had a 1/2'' long slimmer round piece on the bottom of them. I did this to add stability. And, it worked out great because even though they stuck through the other side of the wood, the candlesticks that i used for the bed feet had a hole where a candle would go, so its all hot glued together so its pretty strong, especially since I drilled those holes and was able to combine it all. Then I painted the whole thing (I used soy eco paint from our hobby store). I then cut the foam (bread slicer works great for this) and then after I cut that into a 5x12 rectangle, I then went back and cut out 1x1 inch squares out of the corners so that it would fit around the finials. I had left over material that I hot glued to the foam to make the "fitted sheet," then went back and cut out a 3'' pillow and hot glued material on that as well. I just cut out the fleece for the top and folded it around it (wanted to be able to wash it just in case) and just cover Pablo with his normal blankie when hes on it at night time. anyways I hope that all makes sense, here are some pictures. All credit goes to Melanie, as I never would have thought of doing this on my own! It was very easy though, and I'm not crafty!
pablosbed.jpg

Although I was very tempted by this beautiful purple color, I figured black would be more fitting for Pablo :)
Pabloinbed.jpg

I think he actually finds it very comfortable! He slept on it all night last night, as i checked on him at 6am and he was still fast asleep on it. Although by 8am, when his lights came on, I found him underneath it wrapped around his blanket.. :dontknow:
*He has raspberry lips, so excuse his messy face haha and keep in mind, hes a full grown dragon, and i think he fits it pretty well! Of coarse the tail hangs out, but body wise its perfect

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Hahaha, how great is that?!?! :D I LOVE it!
It's so cute seeing a dragon sleep on his very own bed. Aww :love5:

Kera

OMG this is just too cute...does he actually use it when he heads to sleep though...My beardie (Dusti) sleeps in only one corner and she HAS TO HAVE her blankie in the corner with her and if not she will pace looking for it and won't sleep well without it...Found that out the hard way when laundry time came...lol

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Original Poster
oh he sleeps in it about every night, lately he has nights when hes been going to bed before lights out so he'll crawl under it to sleep, but im changing his light schedule at the end of this month to mimic the natural days getting shorter, and i'm sure he'll be right back up there.

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm not selling them. If you go to the craft store and buy the required materials, it'll all make sense. You just hot glue them together to look like a bed, then get crafty and make the covers.

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
That is soo cool. I am def going to try that, when I get to it, I think it would really spice up his crib lol, I need to throw out some stuff that is in his crib and kinda redecorate it asap. I think I will get rid of his hide hole with the built in water dish ( but replace it) ; ) abd maybe his tree and get him something bigger. I am going to hopefully get 60 dollars ( when I work for it) and blow it on his cage stuff! That may not happen for a few weeks tho because I am in bed with a sinus infection. Ahhh stop I am hijacking yet another thread! :puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom