BSFL question

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegullaaimee

Beardie name(s)
Chico
How to keep BSFL from reproducing? I bought 2000 not knowing what I was doing and I had them inside my house and the babies were escaping everywhere so I bleached and cleaned for hours I placed the tote outside because I had no other option and they all died from the cold. Is there a way to keep them alive but not have them reproduce?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you just keep them in the container they came in, they will stay alive for a week or two before molting into flies depending on your house temperature.

If you put them in a wine fridge they will stay in the larva stage longer. Don't put them in a normal fridge, it's too cold and will kill them. A wine fridge set to around 55 degrees F is best.

Or just buy the amount you need for a week or two at a time.

-Brandon

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
What were you storing them in that they could escape from? Like Brandon said if you just keep them in the container they come in they will last a long time. I used to keep a couple bottles of water in the freezer and keep them in a small cooler and rotate the water bottles ani could get 2000 to last a month. Were they crawling out because you didn’t have a lid or were they flying out when you opened the lid of the container? Also no need to bleach anything they don’t carry any disease or bacteria or anything lol 😂.

vegullaaimee

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Chico
What were you storing them in that they could escape from? Like Brandon said if you just keep them in the container they come in they will last a long time. I used to keep a couple bottles of water in the freezer and keep them in a small cooler and rotate the water bottles ani could get 2000 to last a month. Were they crawling out because you didn’t have a lid or were they flying out when you opened the lid of the container? Also no need to bleach anything they don’t carry any disease or bacteria or anything lol 😂.
The tiny little babies were small enough to fit under the lid and climb out. I bleached everything because they were so small and on my stand and making their way down to the floor. The fly didn't bother me he would eat those up. I just left them at room temp and they bred so fast I also fed them all the nutritional items that were good for my dragon because he wouldn't eat it. It was terrible 😂😂😂 I put them in a storage box with wheat bran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom