BSFL and dusting

Beardie name(s)
Rocky
hello so ive been doing more research and im getting conflicting information. The sub reddit for bearded dragons is saying you still need to dust BSFL but some other sources are saying they dont need to be dusted which is it?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
hello so ive been doing more research and im getting conflicting information. The sub reddit for bearded dragons is saying you still need to dust BSFL but some other sources are saying they dont need to be dusted which is it?
I never dusted the BSFL when I was feeding them but I also was feeding dubias - the BSFL were just a lure to get Blaze to the salad bowl and as a compliment to the roaches- I dusted the dubias - that is where he got his D3

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If your dragon is getting the bulk of it's feeder insects from BSFL, you don't need to dust them. You should be offering a variety of insects though, and those other insects should still be dusted on a normal schedule.

Watch the urate for signs of over supplementation.

-Brandon

Informal_media

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky
If your dragon is getting the bulk of it's feeder insects from BSFL, you don't need to dust them. You should be offering a variety of insects though, and those other insects should still be dusted on a normal schedule.

Watch the urate for signs of over supplementation.

-Brandon
I give BSFL, horn worms and. Crickets but it’s mostly BSFL

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom