Brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schooled_ca

Hatchling Member
My beardy Dave is about 1.2 years old and is a fairly lazy dragon. He has great Husbandry and a great home. His main diet is Superworms, Bokchoy and Kale on occasion (All we can get).

He hasn't ate in about 2-3 weeks. He hasn't lost much weight and still moves around well when I take him out, but he basicly just sleeps all day. I forced some squash in him today and he chewed it and ate it.

I don't know what to do :(

dreshany

Hatchling Member
Can you review your husbandry for us? When did he last poop? How often do you bath/ spray him? Was this sudden or did it come on gradually? Any information you can provide would be helpful to figuring out the problem.

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
If he is beginning to brumate, make sure he poops out the last of his food before he goes down, it can rot in his stomach, so since you've just fed him make sure he goes again, they usually don't eat 1-2 weeks before they go down so they can poop out everything they've got in them.

Nikki

schooled_ca

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is in a 4x2x2 custom enclosure with a 36" Reptisun 10 and a 105-115 basking spot. He has 2 hides and I do not use water in his cage. He is on slate tile.

He is a small dragon, about 17" long and never has been a huge eater. We have no vet here that looks after reptiles, so that kind of sucks. He was born on November 1st 2007. He walks around and moves around great. and has never shown signs of being lethargic and "boring" untill now. He still moves around, and when I was trying to feed him he took off and bearded me. He mostly been sleeping under his hide on the cool side, and sometimes on the warm side.

snuffel

Hatchling Member
i had to turn the temps up, and leave the uv light on longer. I also started bathing mine more regularly a) for poo and b) for exercise he eventually snapped out of brumating and was back to his usual self again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My 2 year old male dragon has been shedding for 2-3 weeks. I’m worried about it being a stuck shed. I’ve seen on other websites they should not soak and then I’ve seen that they should be soaked. So my question is when should I soak him?
Hello , im still figureing out this platform,
So violet laid eggs, weeks ago, she was doing very well , in the last 3 to 4 days her poop was more than runny . Haven't changed much in her diet , an appetite is very good. Should I be considering a parasites remedy as she does get bloated as soon as she starts to eat.
My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wickedkurse84$
Top Bottom