Brumation

Bw53

I am pretty sure my beardie has went into brumation. He has stopped eating and is staying hidden and his bowel movements have decreased. He is 1 and this is the first time he has did this and i’m not really sure what i do. Should i keep his lights on all day like normal? Please tell me anything i may need to know.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am pretty sure my beardie has went into brumation. He has stopped eating and is staying hidden and his bowel movements have decreased. He is 1 and this is the first time he has did this and i’m not really sure what i do. Should i keep his lights on all day like normal? Please tell me anything i may need to know.
I would get a weight on him now - keep track and get him out every few weeks to get a weight and offer water -- you can weigh on a kitchen food scale weigh in grams-- he can lose some weight during brumation but you dont want a lot of weight - you can turn his lights on if you like or leave them off its up to you - if you turn them on you dont need to run the full 12 hr on and 12 hr off -- you can shut them off early - I ahve one that is brumating and one that is not -

Bw53

Original Poster
I would get a weight on him now - keep track and get him out every few weeks to get a weight and offer water -- you can weigh on a kitchen food scale weigh in grams-- he can lose some weight during brumation but you dont want a lot of weight - you can turn his lights on if you like or leave them off its up to you - if you turn them on you dont need to run the full 12 hr on and 12 hr off -- you can shut them off early - I ahve one that is brumating and one that is not -
Great thank you!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Brumation seems to affect them all a little differently. Some will go days or weeks without even
rousing, while others might be up & down frequently. As mentioned, depending on what your
dragon is doing, you can opt to turn lights out early every day, or if he isn't up at all you can turn
them off awhile.
Just keep an eye on him to be sure he maintains his weight.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom