brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
does anyone around arkansas beardies brumate this time of year. Most places get cold around december but here like at the moment its a snow storm and I need to know hoe to handle this she has been sleeping all day now and ate nothing yesterday

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It doesn't really depend on where you are but if your healthy adult beardie starts sleeping during a period of cold temps. it's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
do i turn on lights like normal and still offer the greens like normal? should i bump up my temps a little? she came back out today but it is late in the year for that right?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, if she is awake you can just carry on as usual. Sometimes they'll only sleep off + on, it's all fine because they are designed to do that in the wild during cold or extreme heat.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
ok thank you i just get worried I'm going on two years with her and still trip lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom