Brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
Hey everyone I have another question! So i recently made a 75 gallon tank for my beardie and its two feet tall which makes it pretty cold its 82.9 on the basking side and 81 on the cool side so there's not much space for her to get heat and its been 3-4 hours shes been in her new tank, and within those hours i've been keeping a close eye on her shes very hungry, shes sleepy, and she keeps scratching at the walls and walking very slow, shes also exploring the tank a lot. so what do you all suggest I do and is it brumation?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey everyone I have another question! So i recently made a 75 gallon tank for my beardie and its two feet tall which makes it pretty cold its 82.9 on the basking side and 81 on the cool side so there's not much space for her to get heat and its been 3-4 hours shes been in her new tank, and within those hours i've been keeping a close eye on her shes very hungry, shes sleepy, and she keeps scratching at the walls and walking very slow, shes also exploring the tank a lot. so what do you all suggest I do and is it brumation?
The tank is too cold - please post a pic of the tank - those temps are going to make her behavior a brumation type -- what are you using for a basking bulb brand and wattage? Your uvb is a tube? Brand and bulb please

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mango
The tank is too cold - please post a pic of the tank - those temps are going to make her behavior a brumation type -- what are you using for a basking bulb brand and wattage? Your uvb is a tube? Brand and bulb please
the brand is zoo med and its 100 watt i have 10.0 for uvb coil and here's the tank

Attachments

• IMG_20220102_175144.jpg
    IMG_20220102_175144.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 74

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
the brand is zoo med and its 100 watt i have 10.0 for uvb coil and here's the tank
Ok please get rid of the coil ASAP- you want a long tube fixture-- 24" Zoo Med w/ a reptisun 10.0 T 5 this comes w/ a 5.0 keep it for a back up or a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb-- or a sunblaster nano tech 6400 bulb - look on www.pangeareltiles.com for the Zoo Med and Arcadia pro T 5 or this site for the sunblaster 2ft SunBlaster NanoTech T5 HO - Fluorescent Fixture with 6400K Lamp let me know when you get it- please get 2 digital probe thermometers one for the cool side and one for the hammock hot side- I am thinking your basking temps are off you can get the probes at your PetSmart or pet store- get those now-- get a temp w/ probe on the hammock where he sits for basking 10 min or so get temp 95-100-- then if the 100 watt is not enough go to a 150 Exo Terra intense basking bulb-- but you must have the probe for a accurate temps-- shut the coil off he's not getting enough uvb- if any at all--

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mango
Ok please get rid of the coil ASAP- you want a long tube fixture-- 24" Zoo Med w/ a reptisun 10.0 T 5 this comes w/ a 5.0 keep it for a back up or a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb-- or a sunblaster nano tech 6400 bulb - look on www.pangeareltiles.com for the Zoo Med and Arcadia pro T 5 or this site for the sunblaster 2ft SunBlaster NanoTech T5 HO - Fluorescent Fixture with 6400K Lamp let me know when you get it- please get 2 digital probe thermometers one for the cool side and one for the hammock hot side- I am thinking your basking temps are off you can get the probes at your PetSmart or pet store- get those now-- get a temp w/ probe on the hammock where he sits for basking 10 min or so get temp 95-100-- then if the 100 watt is not enough go to a 150 Exo Terra intense basking bulb-- but you must have the probe for a accurate temps-- shut the coil off he's not getting enough uvb- if any at all--
ok thank you so much when i tell you i ran to petsmart- anyways i already have a probe thermomiter handy a 150 watt and tube uvb is on the way now and i did give her a couple worms and collard greens since i know they can barely diggest in cold conditions so i only gave her a few

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok thank you so much when i tell you i ran to petsmart- anyways i already have a probe thermomiter handy a 150 watt and tube uvb is on the way now and i did give her a couple worms and collard greens since i know they can barely diggest in cold conditions so i only gave her a few
Did you get the 150 placed on the tank and the digital probe thermometer? Take that probe place it on the spot where she basks for 10 min or so get the temp---- did you get the Exo Terra Intense bulb or the Zoo Med Repti basking bulb? Where did you get the UVB and which one did you get?

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mango
uhm so we ordered/ doordashed it here and they said that the uvb wont be here until friday so were just going to switch here back to her 40 gallon just until then. the hottest temp is still 83 and the 150watt is still working on heating it up in there and i am planning on putting the uvb tube by her hammock and the 150watt by her big rock is that ok?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
uhm so we ordered/ doordashed it here and they said that the uvb wont be here until friday so were just going to switch here back to her 40 gallon just until then. the hottest temp is still 83 and the 150watt is still working on heating it up in there and i am planning on putting the uvb tube by her hammock and the 150watt by her big rock is that ok?
Yes dragons will go to the light they need -- you can set up a second basking area or add another dome on the hot side to heat the basking area to what temp you need --- get another dome set it by the 150 watt I would add another 50 or 75 watt --- make sure your using the digital probe tho -- you dont want it too hot or after looking at your tank I would get some more decor for the middle of that tank set up another basking area in the middle of your tank and hang the UVB in the middle more towards the front so you can place another dome behind the UVB that will need to be inside the tank I will show you a pic of mine and you look at it the middle of my tanks temps is 90's and the hot side has a range of 90's on the floor to a hotter temp on the decor piece so if he wants hotter he can get on the decor piece under the basking lamps - there are two on that side one 150 and one 75 - the middle one by the UVB is a 75 watt --

Attachments

• IMG_20210920_080952243.jpg
    IMG_20210920_080952243.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 63

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mango
ok so apperantly we ordered the Carolina Custom Cages Reptile 34" T5HO UVB Standard Light Fixture off amazon is that ok

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mango
Yes dragons will go to the light they need -- you can set up a second basking area or add another dome on the hot side to heat the basking area to what temp you need --- get another dome set it by the 150 watt I would add another 50 or 75 watt --- make sure your using the digital probe tho -- you dont want it too hot or after looking at your tank I would get some more decor for the middle of that tank set up another basking area in the middle of your tank and hang the UVB in the middle more towards the front so you can place another dome behind the UVB that will need to be inside the tank I will show you a pic of mine and you look at it the middle of my tanks temps is 90's and the hot side has a range of 90's on the floor to a hotter temp on the decor piece so if he wants hotter he can get on the decor piece under the basking lamps - there are two on that side one 150 and one 75 - the middle one by the UVB is a 75 watt --
what did you use to hold the uvb up?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
what did you use to hold the uvb up?

this is like a Velcro strap cut into strips then wrap around your fixture

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mango

this is like a Velcro strap cut into strips then wrap around your fixture
great thank you so much for everything honestly if you didn't tell me about the uvb problem i would kept it then she would probably mbd and other problems:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom