Brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzz24

Okay so my beardie is 4 and he hasn’t gone into brumation yet. It’s winter time over here. He has some days where he’ll sleep all day then he’ll be up the next day. Like idk if this is normal for him not to go into brumation or just sleep on and off. Idk if he’s just nosey and wants to be a part of everything.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Okay so my beardie is 4 and he hasn’t gone into brumation yet. It’s winter time over here. He has some days where he’ll sleep all day then he’ll be up the next day. Like idk if this is normal for him not to go into brumation or just sleep on and off. Idk if he’s just nosey and wants to be a part of everything.
Sounds like semi brumation where they wont go fully to sleep and just laze around maybe move to a different spot - is he eating ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He is eating all right. He’s a chonk. Lol
Ok then it is the weather -- they all slow down and some will go fully to sleep and some dont --my 3 yr old does not fully brumate but gets real lazy and does the disappearing for 2 days at a time and sleep sometimes longer during the winter -- then will appear he may or may not eat but will bask etc -- I offer food and if he eats he eats and if he doesnt he doesnt -- now my 2 year old is doing A LOT of sleeping but hes sleeping under his basking light -- then will move to his hide -- he will eat sometimes and sometimes not --- so just keep a eye on him he should be fine - offer water or if hes eating his salads make sure your rinsing before serving so hes getting that moisture - I am feeding mine horn worms so they are getting the moisture if they arent eating the salads all the time --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom