Brumation poop? (Pics inside)

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I am surprised they are eating-- that would explain the undigested food -- I am not sure about feeding them - we need to ask @AHBD
Of course and they only bask for a tiny tiny bit but only after I give them a bath for example. Amber came out on her own yesterday so I leaped at the opportunity to give her a bath and feed her and she ate (surprisingly).

Then for Chubbs I'm normally giving her no longer than 2 weeks and if she doesn't come out I bathe her and try to feed her anyway. From what I was told 2 weeks is too long without water or food or both so 2 weeks is as long as I let them go

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Of course and they only bask for a tiny tiny bit but only after I give them a bath for example. Amber came out on her own yesterday so I leaped at the opportunity to give her a bath and feed her and she ate (surprisingly).

Then for Chubbs I'm normally giving her no longer than 2 weeks and if she doesn't come out I bathe her and try to feed her anyway. From what I was told 2 weeks is too long without water or food or both so 2 weeks is as long as I let them go
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The poo looked fine and it's O.K if they come out on their own to eat if you're keeping the lights on. They all go through brumation differently. They don't need to eat every 2 weeks, they can go months w/out eating during a true brumation. If they wake up it's good to offer water though.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The poo looked fine and it's O.K if they come out on their own to eat if you're keeping the lights on. They all go through brumation differently. They don't need to eat every 2 weeks, they can go months w/out eating during a true brumation. If they wake up it's good to offer water though.
My Amber is the one who has been refusing food most of the times (the poop is hers) she has a vet visit the 30th just to check her weight and all that

Chubbs typically loses weight during brumation but it's not because she doesn't eat it's because she will go up to 2 weeks between meals

I have been making sure they are hydrated they get it from bathing them though outside brumation I give hornworms too

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom