Brumation or Gravid??

Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
@AHBD i’m hoping that the high appetite while in full brumation might be because clyde is only 12 months old and so not quite fully grown yet. but could his appetite be a sign of parasites? i weighed him for the first time (during brumation) on wednesday but not since.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hey there, Clyde is not in full brumation but is going in + out of a snooze fest, partly sleeping, partly active. Full brumation they almost never wake up for long periods if left on their own, and if awakened most would not eat. Clyde will probably do this for a while and then suddenly come back to normal wakefulness. This is not uncommon and is no indication of parasites. Clyde should be fine. :)

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Hey there, Clyde is not in full brumation but is going in + out of a snooze fest, partly sleeping, partly active. Full brumation they almost never wake up for long periods if left on their own, and if awakened most would not eat. Clyde will probably do this for a while and then suddenly come back to normal wakefulness. This is not uncommon and is no indication of parasites. Clyde should be fine. :)
That’s good to hear but he isn’t really partially active? Clyde has been sleeping without waking up since december 3rd. The only reason he was hungry is because I pulled him out of his hide for a bath and offered food after. So he’s really been sleeping 24/7 for almost 2 weeks now. I’m going to wake him up again today for bath and hydration, I’ll see if he’s at all hungry. I’ve been weighing him too.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That’s good to hear but he isn’t really partially active? Clyde has been sleeping without waking up since december 3rd. The only reason he was hungry is because I pulled him out of his hide for a bath and offered food after. So he’s really been sleeping 24/7 for almost 2 weeks now. I’m going to wake him up again today for bath and hydration, I’ll see if he’s at all hungry. I’ve been weighing him too.
I would offer water only ---- keep weight on him see if hes losing A LOT of weight if he is then offer food --- but I would not feed him unless hes staying out to bask for awhile

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
I would offer water only ---- keep weight on him see if hes losing A LOT of weight if he is then offer food --- but I would not feed him unless hes staying out to bask for awhile
Well I took his weight and he is definitely not losing any grams. After his bath I let him look out the window on his heating pad (there is still food in his belly). I offered 3 small roaches and he gobbled them up, then went to bask on his own. He would probably eat more if I let him. I figure he’ll go back to sleeping again soon.

Should I stop feeding all together? How often should I wake him for basking / warming up since he is still eating (but not waking up to bask)?

Looks like he’s already going back to sleep. Only basked for maybe 20 min.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Well I took his weight and he is definitely not losing any grams. After his bath I let him look out the window on his heating pad (there is still food in his belly). I offered 3 small roaches and he gobbled them up, then went to bask on his own. He would probably eat more if I let him. I figure he’ll go back to sleeping again soon.

Should I stop feeding all together? How often should I wake him for basking / warming up since he is still eating (but not waking up to bask)?

Looks like he’s already going back to sleep. Only basked for maybe 20 min.
Ok well he should be fine --- every 10 days or so to offer water and weight-- as long as hes basking some time we can have Drache613 Tracie chime in here or AHBD see what they think
@AHBD @Drache613

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Okay, can I also warm him up on heating pad or put him in his basking spot every 10 days to promote digestion since he has food in his stomach? Should I do that more often?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I would stop feeding him and not worry about it. It won't hurt to bring him out for a drink every 10 days or so and let him try to warm up to promote a b.m. if you like. Either way he should be fine.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
I would stop feeding him and not worry about it. It won't hurt to bring him out for a drink every 10 days or so and let him try to warm up to promote a b.m. if you like. Either way he should be fine.
Okay thank you so much :) he’s been up this morning but only because we are road tripping and I had to get him from the motel room back to the car. I won’t feed him unless he goes to bask or something. He is looking very cute this morning though, I’ve missed seeing his little face.

Attachments

• B50702E3-010B-4B92-BF14-8A7F8360DFC9.jpeg
    B50702E3-010B-4B92-BF14-8A7F8360DFC9.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 110

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Since he has an appetite, how often should I wake him up for bathing so that he can digest/poop? Should I be worried about his appetite being high? He does not stop sleeping unless I wake him up.
Then do not wake her, she knows what to do, lol!!! Their job as people owners is to worry us to death 💀 🙃 😕!!!

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Lol, is Clyde's set up in the car like that ? That is a particularly cute picture ! 😄
Yeah 😅 it’s a 2 day drive and I always keep him in the tank to reduce the stress of being in a new environment but it’s always a little bumpy and weird for him I’m sure lol. Today he was looking at me like, “are we there yet?” He went back to bed like 20 min after this pic so I hope he slept through it. I’m now having an issue with the UVB but I’ll make a new post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom