Brumation for Fall?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
30g isn't necessarily a lot, it kind of depends on where the dragon starts out. My dragon usually drops 4-5% of his body weight over the course of brumation which is typically around 30g. I also let his temps drop and don't have my CHE kick in unless the house goes below 60 or so.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
30g isn't necessarily a lot, it kind of depends on where the dragon starts out. My dragon usually drops 4-5% of his body weight over the course of brumation which is typically around 30g. I also let his temps drop and don't have my CHE kick in unless the house goes below 60 or so.
It was her first ever brumation I honestly thought she was ill or dying till the vet gave me a pamphlet. So I kept her weight and gave her baths a few times a week to keep her hydrated. Then soon as spring came around she was active and feasting on any bug I gave her

But I upgraded all my beardies enclosures heat lamps basking platforms UVB bulbs and switched over to probe thermometers

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah they do tend to have quite a lot of energy when they wake up. My guy runs circles around the house all day lol. For hydration, if she drinks from the bath and doesn't seem stressed by it, that's OK. Otherwise if you want to reduce stress or disturb her less you could drip water on her nose from a dropper or plastic syringe so she will lick it up.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah they do tend to have quite a lot of energy when they wake up. My guy runs circles around the house all day lol. For hydration, if she drinks from the bath and doesn't seem stressed by it, that's OK. Otherwise if you want to reduce stress or disturb her less you could drip water on her nose from a dropper or plastic syringe so she will lick it up.
My Chubbs loves baths Amber will only tolerate it for so long and wants out lol

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Keep in mind that during brumation the dragon is mostly in a dormant state. Hydration need only be offered every 2 weeks , if the dragon easily wakes. Otherwise if the temps. are cool + the dragon is solidly asleep, they can go a little longer.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom