Brumation eating and drinking?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I have been waking my beardies up every 2 weeks to see if they want water or food. Should I be concerned if they don't want to eat or drink or if they eat but won't bask or poop?

They have pretty much hunkered down and are not active at all day or night only active when I wake them

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys I have been waking my beardies up every 2 weeks to see if they want water or food. Should I be concerned if they don't want to eat or drink or if they eat but won't bask or poop?

They have pretty much hunkered down and are not active at all day or night only active when I wake them
I would offer only water -- sounds like they are out- hows the weight going? have you weighed them?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I would offer only water -- sounds like they are out- hows the weight going? have you weighed them?
I have not actually but I woke Amber up to give her a bath and feed her and she actually ate 6 crickets today so I'm happy

I will try to do the same thing with Chubbs tomorrow though she hasn't refused bugs before/during/after this brumation period

I was just worried about Amber because Chubbs loves eating but Amber is 90% of the time refusing food

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster

Attachments

• IMG_20221114_143422.jpg
    IMG_20221114_143422.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20221114_143427.jpg
    IMG_20221114_143427.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 53

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That was the first thing I looked at lol just need to get it level enough and just subtract the grams before I use it
You should be able to place him directly on it w/ out having to zero it out since there wont be a bowl or plate hes on

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom