Brumation changes

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hi everyone!

Has anyone noticed their beardies brumation pattern switch as they get older? Drogon just turned four. I mentioned in earlier posts that he was extremely picky with food lately. We've been having an unseasonably cool spring/summer here in SC along with more cooler rainstorms. Now I noticed he's been hiding and sleeping for days. He used to brumate from September to mid December. Can they change months??

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I haven't noticed it in mine but it would be reasonable to think so. Brumation is triggered environmentally in part plus the the seasons here are opposite of Australia so their biological clock ⏰ is likely out of adjustment 😄

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
I haven't noticed it in mine but it would be reasonable to think so. Brumation is triggered environmentally in part plus the the seasons here are opposite of Australia so their biological clock ⏰ is likely out of adjustment 😄
Yeah cuz even with supers he's been like no 😑 do you have any recommendations to keep him comfortable while he's going through this? He's been annoyingly picky and doesn't wanna come out of his hide!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom