Brumation 6 months??

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
I had him for over 7 years and didn’t change anything in his set up. This is the first year he’s sleeping this long. This picture is a week ago when I forced him out and then he fell asleep on me anyway. He’s not starving, doesn’t have mbd - tale is straight, no stuck shed, nothing else to cause him to be this way…I’m really confused. He’s super spoiled I offer his dubai, horns worms, silk worms - he will only eat suppers out of live food
I leave him a salad he picks out a few leaves but mainly goes for butternut squash and periodic blueberry and ignores the rest… really not an abused dragon here :)
I think in May when it got hot and I turned on AC maybe that’s why he got sleepy but since then I kept it at 75 during the day and at night I lower to 73 just because I can’t take it this hot and he has the heat emitter - and he still won’t come out …

Attachments

• CF2B3BC3-C145-485B-BECA-6DFF9A382F4D.jpeg
    CF2B3BC3-C145-485B-BECA-6DFF9A382F4D.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 60

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
When I measure I had basking at ~97 and inside his little hut it was 75ish and at night I turn on ceramic heat emitter 75w
What is the temps at night in the morning before lights on? You want ambient of 65-75- no warmer

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I just measured and it’s 83 under the heat emitter .If I turn off the heat emitter it would be cold with ac running
83 is too warm at night- dragons like cool and dark -- 65-75 for night time- he needs to be able to stabilize his system --- please get a temp in the morning of the tank - usually temps will go to house temps at night -

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
Turned it off, in the morning inside his tank was 77. Also switched the basking yesterday. Still no show

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Turned it off, in the morning inside his tank was 77. Also switched the basking yesterday. Still no show
Ok so the 77 is better -- are you using a solid bright white basking bulb? No colored or off white or yellowish bulbs?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I even posted pictures that it’s inside the tank there is no mesh
Ok I went back to look at the tank and I didnt see the updated ones - make sure your UVB is directly over the basking decor 12-15 inches -- w / all this correct I dont know what would be causing the brumation type behavior other than the its him / her- but sleeping all the time is not normal - have you considered taking him / her to the vet? Is the dragon basking at all ?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom