Brumation 6 months??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

Zoomed reptisun 10.0uvb I’m not sure if it’s t8 or t5 I don’t remember which one I bought but I used the same one for 7yr and he was fine until this year…he used to sleep about 3-4month out of the year.

Basking is Mercury vapor 100w (which is basking +uvb)

The dome next to uvb is the ceramic heat emitter 75w it only goes on at night when the rest of the lights go off - it’s not super hot as it’s only 75w
Please look on the bulb itself it will say under all the writing on bottom T 5 or T 8 - T 5 's expire in one year I recommend a month prior to a T 8 expires in 6 months I recommend a month prior to - they have certain distance between the two - mvb brand and watt? Please get the distance for the T 5 in the tank approx 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece --- when it comes in--- please get 2 digital probe thermometers in the tank -- one for surface basking temps and one for the cool side -- these things I have posted are crucial to your dragons health

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)

AIICIOO UVB Reptile Light 100W​

I am not familiar w/ that brand please change it out for a regular basking bulb - like a Flukers -- Zoo Med Repit basking -- Exo Terra Intense or a Arcadia Halogen --- this bulb may be the issue - it could be giving off bad rays --- make sure your using a digital probe thermometer to get the surface basking temps --- this is crucial

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
I am not familiar w/ that brand please change it out for a regular basking bulb - like a Flukers -- Zoo Med Repit basking -- Exo Terra Intense or a Arcadia Halogen --- this bulb may be the issue - it could be giving off bad rays --- make sure your using a digital probe thermometer to get the surface basking temps --- this is crucial
He had regular and was the same that’s why I got this one - no difference in behavior

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
Im at the point when I keep my house at 75 degrees so he doesn’t think winter is coming 🤣

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Im at the point when I keep my house at 75 degrees so he doesn’t think winter is coming 🤣
You need 3 temps in the tank basking side surface temp 95-100 middle of tank 90's and cool side days 80's need night time 65-75

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
You need 3 temps in the tank basking side surface temp 95-100 middle of tank 90's and cool side days 80's need night time 65-75
When I measure I had basking at ~97 and inside his little hut it was 75ish and at night I turn on ceramic heat emitter 75w

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom