Brumation 6 months??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

Zoomed reptisun 10.0uvb I’m not sure if it’s t8 or t5 I don’t remember which one I bought but I used the same one for 7yr and he was fine until this year…he used to sleep about 3-4month out of the year.

Basking is Mercury vapor 100w (which is basking +uvb)

The dome next to uvb is the ceramic heat emitter 75w it only goes on at night when the rest of the lights go off - it’s not super hot as it’s only 75w
Please look on the bulb itself it will say under all the writing on bottom T 5 or T 8 - T 5 's expire in one year I recommend a month prior to a T 8 expires in 6 months I recommend a month prior to - they have certain distance between the two - mvb brand and watt? Please get the distance for the T 5 in the tank approx 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece --- when it comes in--- please get 2 digital probe thermometers in the tank -- one for surface basking temps and one for the cool side -- these things I have posted are crucial to your dragons health

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)

AIICIOO UVB Reptile Light 100W​

I am not familiar w/ that brand please change it out for a regular basking bulb - like a Flukers -- Zoo Med Repit basking -- Exo Terra Intense or a Arcadia Halogen --- this bulb may be the issue - it could be giving off bad rays --- make sure your using a digital probe thermometer to get the surface basking temps --- this is crucial

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
I am not familiar w/ that brand please change it out for a regular basking bulb - like a Flukers -- Zoo Med Repit basking -- Exo Terra Intense or a Arcadia Halogen --- this bulb may be the issue - it could be giving off bad rays --- make sure your using a digital probe thermometer to get the surface basking temps --- this is crucial
He had regular and was the same that’s why I got this one - no difference in behavior

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
Im at the point when I keep my house at 75 degrees so he doesn’t think winter is coming 🤣

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Im at the point when I keep my house at 75 degrees so he doesn’t think winter is coming 🤣
You need 3 temps in the tank basking side surface temp 95-100 middle of tank 90's and cool side days 80's need night time 65-75

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
You need 3 temps in the tank basking side surface temp 95-100 middle of tank 90's and cool side days 80's need night time 65-75
When I measure I had basking at ~97 and inside his little hut it was 75ish and at night I turn on ceramic heat emitter 75w

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom