Brumating - board or leave home alone?

Beardie name(s)
Lemon
Hi All

Lemon has been brumating for about three weeks now. He has woken up twice during when we have weighed him and bathed him. He is looking great, hasn't lost a single ounce of weight and was lively enough on Sunday after his bath that we thought he was coming out of it and he ate about 14 crickets before basking until the evening. He has since gone back to sleep again in his hide 😂

My question is, we go away for a few days at the end of the week, so what should we do with him? We will be leaving lunchtime Friday and returning lunchtime Monday so he would be without us for just two days, Saturday and Sunday. Originally we planned to board him but I am wondering since he is brumating could he be left at home for those two days? I have timers for heating and lamps, and we would leave a big salad / water in case he does stir. Happy to board him as planned but wondering if this would be unnecessary stress for him during brumation (and for such a short period of time)?

Thoughts very welcome!

MWC

Beardie name(s)
Bud
B8A3E439-D462-43B7-95CA-48B8A6CD7595.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom