Bruised paw!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
Came home from class tonight and noticed Rufus' paw looked...bruised? The paw is shedding right now so I had to move the skin, but this is what it looks like. His toes (fingers? I don't know) also looked pink/bruised. I'm a new owner and I'm really scared about it, this hasn't ever happened. He's a very active little guy - always climbing and running. His behavior has seemed normal and while he was running tonight I didn't notice him limping or anything.
I want to take him to the vet, but I'm not sure how long it'll take to get him in.
PLEASE help!

108534-8154268297.jpg

Go to user image uploader, and click new image, then choose the photo u want to upload, then click post reply or edit ur previous message and click XIMG, and choose the photo

It might be just because its hand is shedding and that part of skin came off a little early than when it was ready. If it really is a bruise, it shouldn't be that big of a problem, like if u got a bruise, u wouldn't go to the doctor, and since ur beardie doesnt seem to be in pain, its probably not a big deal, but if u want, u can keep an eye on it for a few days.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks really swollen - do you have a hammock in the tank? If so it a green mesh one?

Badlands08

Original Poster
KarrieRee":5desdaym said:
It looks really swollen - do you have a hammock in the tank? If so it a green mesh one?

His toes haven't shed yet so I know that's why those look bigger. His hammock is a blanket material type, very soft. It's the tie dye thing in the background if you can see it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I was wondering cuz a lot of times dragons get their claws stuck in them and they end up spraining them then they swell that is why I asked --- I am not aware of shedding causing that much swelling - have you looked to see if the hand had gotten bit by a cricket if your feeding crickets?

Badlands08

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3msimmvl said:
Ok I was wondering cuz a lot of times dragons get their claws stuck in them and they end up spraining them then they swell that is why I asked --- I am not aware of shedding causing that much swelling - have you looked to see if the hand had gotten bit by a cricket if your feeding crickets?

I do feed him crickets. How do you know if they've been bit? He does have a small spot on the top of one of his fingers where it looks like one of his scales got caught on something and started to fall off. I can take a picture of that if you'd want to see it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok that might be good - please dont leave any crickets in the tank -- they are notorious for biting dragons- and they can cause infection - we need AHBD to take a look at this if you can post another pic of what your describing please

Badlands08

Original Poster
KarrieRee":ryxolo8v said:
Ok that might be good - please dont leave any crickets in the tank -- they are notorious for biting dragons- and they can cause infection - we need AHBD to take a look at this if you can post another pic of what your describing please

I always count the number of crickets I let in his tank but as I went to take that picture one came crawling out of somewhere, I thought I got them all :( How do you suggest feeding them to him?
And here's the picture, its the second from the left on the end.
108534-7116625062.jpg

Those crickets can be little bastards which is why i feed my dragon freeze dried crickets instead, but u can just get a feeding bin or something, and put ur dragon it in just for food so the crickets wont have a place to hide. When my beardie still ate live crickets, one of them crawled under his dish and hid there for probably a long time bc it was much bigger, and it ate its back legs to stay alive.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that doesn't look like anything serious at all, might have just rubbed it against a hard or jagged surface in the tank. Probably not a bite and BTW cricket bites are rare actually and would take a lot of bites unnoticed by an owner to do any real damage. Usually only a sickly or very young animal is affected by numerous or large left over crickets. But your dragon is fine, he's walking on it and if you see any sign of irritation or redness just put a bit of Neosporin on. Don't be worried, he'll be fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom