Brownish substance between urate and poop

ZiggyDust

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So I just noticed the attached brown substance between the urate and poop. I haven’t noticed this before. Should I be concerned?

my bearded dragon does have an already scheduled vet appointment tomorrow for her yearly check-up. I also just now took the fecal portion to her vet for an already scheduled test.

I get a little anxious so I figured I would post here to try and get some insight before tomorrow.

Attachments

• F12DA345-E404-4ED7-A31F-7F604F561E68.jpeg
    F12DA345-E404-4ED7-A31F-7F604F561E68.jpeg
    307.8 KB · Views: 141

ZiggyDust

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sweet potato or carrots? Lol the poop is well formed and plenty hydrated so you must be doing something right!
I wish my dragon would eat vegetables that aren’t green. I have tired so many times with a variety, she just refuses lol. Collard greens or nothing for her.

Her dubia roaches get a healthy diet of different vegetables altering each day. One of which is sweet potatoes. She has only ate them once this week though.

I did see other post where it could be excess calcium. She is almost a year old (next month) and I dust her insects, not salad, 5 meals/times a week (3 with d3). I hope it’s not excess calcium, I would feel horrible if I am over doing it.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Not sure about the calcium but if you’re uvb lighting is on point I would use calcium without d3 but that’s just me. If you’re dubias ate sweet potatoes they will make that color in your dragon lbs poop.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Mine is 4 and half and I’ve played tough love so many times with him and only feed him greens and veggies and he knows I won’t last very long with not feeding him bugs lol. The funny thing is I still make him and my blue tongue skink a greens and veggie chop every week and neither one of them ever eat it but I keep making it? Slave to my reptiles lol.

ZiggyDust

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Not sure about the calcium but if you’re uvb lighting is on point I would use calcium without d3 but that’s just me. If you’re dubias ate sweet potatoes they will make that color in your dragon lbs poop.
Yea UVB tubes are fine, I use a solar meter to measure and I just replaced them after 6 months, Just to be careful. lol. I rather over do it there, then not

ZiggyDust

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Mine is 4 and half and I’ve played tough love so many times with him and only feed him greens and veggies and he knows I won’t last very long with not feeding him bugs lol. The funny thing is I still make him and my blue tongue skink a greens and veggie chop every week and neither one of them ever eat it but I keep making it? Slave to my reptiles lol.
We are their slaves. That’s all we are good for and they know it lol

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Yes slaves and I have to go to counseling every week to deal with all the stress and anxiety and worrying about my reptiles every little behavior lol 😂. Maybe I only need it once a month now I’ve grown a lot with not worrying so much!

ZiggyDust

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes slaves and I have to go to counseling every week to deal with all the stress and anxiety and worrying about my reptiles every little behavior lol 😂. Maybe I only need it once a month now I’ve grown a lot with not worrying so much!
I get the stress lol. I get worried over everything, I wish I didn’t, but I do 😆

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
It’s how we show we care, I’m an animal person I’ve got to many to count but with most of them I just feed them and don’t worry about a thing? But for some reason with the reptiles I worry like crazy. I don’t worry about my kids as much as my dragons?

peachluvr

So I just noticed the attached brown substance between the urate and poop. I haven’t noticed this before. Should I be concerned?

my bearded dragon does have an already scheduled vet appointment tomorrow for her yearly check-up. I also just now took the fecal portion to her vet for an already scheduled test.

I get a little anxious so I figured I would post here to try and get some insight before tomorrow.

Did you ever figure out if this was something to be concerned about? My beardie has a very similar looking poop and I’m a little worried!

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom