Broken tail or tail rot?

cas016252

hi, i'm not sure if this is the correct place for this but i need a second opinion. the other day my beardie ran off of my bed and fell onto the floor. i think she injured her tail and i had been keeping an eye on it for the last few days. it looked fine until today. the tip got darker and thinner and she appears to not have feeling in it. her behavior is normal. she's eating, energetic, and doesn't seem stressed or unhappy. i cant tell if it's just a broken tail or the beginning stages of tail rot. i bathed her and put antibiotic ointment on it. if it looks worse in the morning i'll be bringing her to the vet. i just wanted to see what anyone else thought! attached is a photo

Attachments

• 8EF8CBEC-4998-4DAC-8CEA-6CA3C21FCD58.jpeg
    8EF8CBEC-4998-4DAC-8CEA-6CA3C21FCD58.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi, that does look like the beginning of tail rot. The shriveled piece at the end is most likely dead, it wouldn't be caused in one day from a fall . It may fall off or your vet may cut that off to keep any infection from spreading up the tail.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

you know that feeling when you want to change your profile picture, but like you don’t want to lose the good one you have? That’s me, right now
HELP WITH MY BEARDIE EGGS DONT WANT THEM TO DIE
lol i feel like i ask so many questions on this site but i just love it here!
so many questions & not enough days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rose1234
Top Bottom