Brian Barczyk

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Many of us in the reptile community know of Brian Barczyk. I am not going to pretend that I am his biggest fan but I love his videos as they make me laugh as the entire "Reptile Army" is hilarious! I love that it's a family run business (and I count the staff as extended family). The animals are amazing. Salt is one of my favorites but anyways...once again, I was crying last night watching his video as he was walking us through the start of his journey.

Brian is facing some health issues and while he doesn't want any of us to feel sorry for him, he needs our support. Whatever that means to you-- thoughts, prayers, positive messages sent his way, whatever.

I loved what Brian said, I have 1 goal in life, to reach people with animals. I didn't quote it just in case I am paraphrasing but that's the point.
How awesome is that?!. Brian knows that he has done exactly that (although he's not done!!!). Brian admitted his faults and appreciated all that he has experienced thus far in life. I hate that though times in life bring us to this point. But it's not over, we don't know what will come of this. Wishing Brian and his family nothing but the best.

As always, I just wanted to give my 2 cents....(You know this is deep as there wasn't a mention of R...)
Enjoy your day and appreciate life!

What's your goal in life? Until this day, I have never been able to sum it up in a 1-liner. I don't know if you noticed, I am a chatterbox!:ROFLMAO::love:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
A lot of people will put him down, and yes some stuff he has done has been controversial, but he has done tons for the reptile community, and for that we should all be thankful, without people like him we may not not would have this hobby we all love.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
A lot of people will put him down, and yes some stuff he has done has been controversial, but he has done tons for the reptile community, and for that we should all be thankful, without people like him we may not not would have this hobby we all love.
Oh my! Here I come with my sunshine glasses and leading with love. Remember, I am only just under a year into this so this community would know better than me.

If I am promoting someone that caused harm to any animals (or treated hoomans wrong), mods please delete immediately because you know, we don't stand for any of the foolishness- despite cute videos (and Salt!)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I haven't personally watched many of his videos, but i have seen some on youtube, putting him down, but I've also seen some of the better reptile channels defend him. The ones i have seen i thought were fine.

Brian is definitely someone that I have a bit of a love hate relationship with watching - I don't remember specifically the controversies but I believe it was more 'I do this', 'you shouldn't do this' etc. as well as the mass breeding - but I could be completely wrong.

Seeing him suffering something so serious, regardless of any ones faults in the past, is definitely hard to watch.

Whilst never the big 'c', I have had my own health scares in the last few years despite being otherwise fit and healthy, myocarditis being one, and having a near ruptured appendix a year before that. 2020/2021 were not my years.

I must admit, Brian among a couple of others are who introduced me in to the hobby - particularly cementing my love for snakes and beardies and all reptiles alike.

If I had it my way I would fill my house with these friends.

I am just so humbled to be absolutely fine health wise now - despite the occasional anxiety/depressive episodes - but this isn't about me.

We all have one common interest, in reptiles, and specifically Beardies, so I hope Brian a very speedy and easy recovery whilst he helps break barriers and helping our community of reptile owning becoming what it is globally.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I did my research and saw that he wasn't practicing what he preached when it came to the care of animals but has since improved. To your point @SenditJase it's the reptiles we have in common and I wish everyone great health. I am so glad that you are doing well. Rocky, who sits on my shoulder as I type this sends his love too.

This community is awesome!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I know what everyone said about Brian and he heard you. I just watched his goodbye video (well most of the ending) and apparently, he's ready to go as he's enduring so much pain. The battle is too much. May he rest in peace.

@xp29 That is where I first saw Salt, the albino alligator.

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
I just wanted to post an update, Brian passed away on January 14th.

If it weren't for him and his videos, I would likely still be afraid of snakes and reptiles. As controversial as some of his methods were, I feel as though he did far more good for the reptile community than he did bad.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom